Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently inherited my dad's 2004 Dodge Viper and have a few things to fix for at least this summer before working on it through winter. The windshield wipers or anything on that switch does not work but the door locks also do not work whether from the fob or pressing the button inside. I know nothing about these cars yet. Any ideas on these problems?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sorry to hear about your father and welcome to Viper ownership.

Not familiar with the 2004, but I know with the Gen1/2's it's not uncommon at all for the wire harness between the door and the body of the car to get fragile break over time, especially if the door is opened fully often. I would first check that the fuse is good. Then after that I would pull the door panel and get to the switch harness and ensure you are getting 12v to the switch. If not, start at the door wire harness. If you are getting it then it's probably a bad switch. Check for continuity before buying a new switch. My gut tells me you aren't getting 12V to the switch.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I recently inherited my dad's 2004 Dodge Viper and have a few things to fix for at least this summer before working on it through winter. The windshield wipers or anything on that switch does not work but the door locks also do not work whether from the fob or pressing the button inside. I know nothing about these cars yet. Any ideas on these problems?
Remove the lower column cover and check the plug for the wiper switch, most times when the airbag recall gets done the wiper switch does not get plugged back in, 3 minute fix...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts