Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone PLEASE give me the exact specs for the tires I will need to replace OEM Pilot sports on an 2001? I've heard different things.

I am looking for Kuhmos, and my car has been lowered an inch with eibachs so I'm wondering what exact tire size I will need. Can someone give me the specs?

I went to tire rack, but I couldn't find the right tires. did I not look correctly?

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Silver Snake said:
275/35 - 18 Front
335/30 - 18 Rear

Mark
/images/graemlins/smiles
okay, I walked right into that one...maybe what I should have asked was the kuhmo tire that is best... :bowdown: I've heard of some guys changing tire height due to a lowered car, etc.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Give Luke a call at Tirerack. He will know what size tire you can put under the car.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,147 Posts
If you change the tire height, the rolling radius will change along with it. The rear tires will affect your odometer and speedometer readings. You should ask for the info on "revs/mile" for the tire you are considering and compare it to the OEM Michelins from this table.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Khumos website only lists one size for us in 18".

335/30R18
285/30R18

They also have 305/30R18

If I was buying new tires in 18" and was considering sticky ones like Khumos, I'd be getting the Pilot Cups in 345 and 285

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks everyone......I think I'm going ot try khumoss so I can have a change.

·
Banned
26,067 Posts
Super Squirrel said:

I would definately go with the Michelin Pilot "CUP" tires, a completely different tire then the Pilot "SPORT". The sport tire has a 220 treadwear rating, the Cups are an 80 treadwear rating, it'll make the car handle like it was on rails. If you wanna save $$$ buy Kuhmos if you want the best street tire get the Cups. :nod:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
SoCal Rebell said:
I would definately go with the Michelin Pilot "CUP" tires, a completely different tire then the Pilot "SPORT". The sport tire has a 220 treadwear rating, the Cups are an 80 treadwear rating, it'll make the car handle like it was on rails. If you wanna save $$$ buy Kuhmos if you want the best street tire get the Cups. :nod:

I have heard (BPemberton I believe) that you can purchase the CC tires for the street and that these are the best available. I thought those tires were NOT approved for street use.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

·
Registered
248 Posts
CitySnake said:
SoCal Rebell said:

I have heard (BPemberton I believe) that you can purchase the CC tires for the street and that these are the best available. I thought those tires were NOT approved for street use.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Not the OEM tires for the CC, which are Hoosier slicks, but the tires that they ran in the Speed World Challenge which are Toya Proxes RA1. Nobody has reported on how these work for street use.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SoCal Rebell said:
Super Squirrel said:

thanks.....are those cups sticky? i wasn't trying to go cheap, I just heard they were sticky and I want tires that are better than the OEM's, I've had 2 sets and I want somethign different.,

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SoCal Rebell said:
The Michelin Pilot Cup tires are the stickist street tires you can buy, those are the tires used in the Viperdays Super Modified & Unlimited classes. They'll wear out quicker then the Sport tire because of the softer compound but they are the closest thing to a Hoosier R3S03/4 available.

:thumb:

thanks cali

·
Registered
23,316 Posts
what kinda life outta the cup tires on the street?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Pilot Cups also have 6/32 tread depth compared to OEM Pilots at 10/32. They are in 345 and 285 widths which will protect rims from curb rash. Totally different compound.

These are totally badass tires, sure they won't last 10K miles but who cares?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts