Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey y'all, a while back there was a thread started about a good low profile jack that was relatively inexpensive...can anyone recall that thread or better yet..

can anyone adivise on a good low profile jack and where to get it?

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Anthony - 98 GTS said:
Snake Bitten said:
Nut Snatcher...WTF??? Help with tires, Help with jack...Good Lord are you helpless??? :rofl:
This coming from a guy that hasn't figured out how to get his Viper off the trailer.
Oh...You're one to talk! When mine has been on for longer than yours was, then you may give me shit!!! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anthony - 98 GTS said:
Snake Bitten said:
Nut Snatcher...WTF??? Help with tires, Help with jack...Good Lord are you helpless??? :rofl:
This coming from a guy that hasn't figured out how to get his Viper off the trailer.
I don't have a trailer.... /images/graemlins/sad

but...I guess if I had one, I wouldn't be able to get my car off of it, you're right.. :rofl:

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SoCal Rebell said:
www.harborfreight.com has a good low profile floor jack at a decent price, it will fit under a lowered Viper.

Keyword "floor jack" Gold Rapid Pump (#3939-6VGA) is OK at $139.99 /images/graemlins/smiles

there are many others.

Thanks...I know I couldn't get my friend's jack under my car...that's why I was looking specifidcally ffor a low profile one..thanks socal..

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anthony, I know you weren't talking about me...but I couldn't resist picking on myself.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I got the one from Harbor Freight for 100 or 120...can't remember, but it appears to be one of those you get what you pay for jacks. I have had to take mine back and I know others who have been thru 2 or 3. Luckily Harbor Freight could care less and continues to give me new ones everytime without any proof or purchase.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
Anthony - 98 GTS said:
Snake Bitten said:
Oh...You're one to talk! When mine has been on for longer than yours was, then you may give me shit!!! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
It would be okay if yours was going to be faster or look better than mine when done.....but we all know that ain't going to happen. :nod:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Anthony - 98 GTS said:
Snake Bitten said:

you mean to tell me you have been in sunny kalifornia for months with a convertible and haven't been out pickin' up chicks? I don't mean to question your manhood....but I am a little concerned. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
J DAWG said:
I got the one from Harbor Freight for 100 or 120...can't remember, but it appears to be one of those you get what you pay for jacks. I have had to take mine back and I know others who have been thru 2 or 3. Luckily Harbor Freight could care less and continues to give me new ones everytime without any proof or purchase.
why have you sent it back?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Super Squirrel said:
J DAWG said:
why have you sent it back?
sumbich wouldn't jack. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Sears aluminum jack is much better however cost a little more then the Harbor Freights one. I have both and the extra money for the Sears was worth it.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
I got a lightweight low profile jack at Sam's Club for about $130.

But if you don't need a "track" jack then I suggest going with the one from Griots Garage. It's too heavy to lug to the track but rolls around great in the garage. It is also lower and fits better under Vipers than the lightweight track jacks.

I have both. The Griots jack I won of this site. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
131 Posts
99GTSACR said:
The Sears aluminum jack is much better however cost a little more then the Harbor Freights one. I have both and the extra money for the Sears was worth it.
:nod: Fits under my lowered Viper nicely.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Not to start this "which jack is better" arguement again but I bought the Sears aluminum jack, currently only $199.

Quality is WAY better than Harbour freight or Costco jacks, capacity is 20% or 25% more, etc. It has this little area with a magnetic pad for storing lug nuts, bolts, etc. while you are working, etc. Spend the extra few bucks.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
One thing about the Harbor Freight jack -- it'll fit under the Viper from the side, but if you're jacking from the front or rear, you'll still need a piece of wood. Although the jack FITS just fine, there isn't enough vertical room to move the lever far enough to actually pump the jack up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts