Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so anybody got any ideas on this.

Normally the VEC 1 meter does the usual dance of the lights but on a couple of occasions now after a bit of hard driving and a fairly warm engine I have had the vec 1 read really low, ie when you would expect the red light to be on I have no lights and when you would expect a blue it only gets up to orange. (even if I zero out the vec 1). I also sometimes get a carbon/sulphur smell when hard on the gas. Does this indicate that my O2’s are reading low and therefore the vec being below scale and the engine throwing more gas in to compensate hence the smell.

Do you all think I should replace the O2’s or could it be something else?

Ps it’s a 97 GTS stock except vec 1 K&N’s and Corsa cat back

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hmmm sounds like maybe someone messed with your settings.
How long have you had your VEC1? I know if I set mine back to zero, it won't even run now that the PCM has done some learning.

Maybe try from scratch and disconnect the battery for 10 mins.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
As I understand it, you should never see NO lights...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
McGuireV10 said:
As I understand it, you should never see NO lights...
That’s what I thought as well, I have just disconnected the battery and will have another go tomorrow and see if it does it again. It'll be a chore to take it out for a hard drive but i guess some one has to./images/graemlins/laughing.gif

I am just concerned that the O2's a giving low readings as the lights seem to behave normally just shifted to the lean side and off the scale, the car seems to run the same though. I also have the carbon smell which i have searched for on here and the morgue and other’s seem to have had it but never seem to post the reason. I am just wondering if the O2's are giving lean reading the computer is dumping fuel in and causing the smell.

There didn’t seem to be any trouble codes on the mil though

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
It would probably be a lot faster to just call or e-mail Roe Racing on that one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Sean has replied to my post over on the morge and he indeed thinks the O2’s are on the way out and possibly the fuel filter may need replacing also (previous customers experience).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.