Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of a 2001, RT/10. The car is PERFECT!!! except the brakes squeak when I come to a stop. Have not yet determined if it's the front or backs yet. The car only has 2,900 miles. What gives?
Should I be cutting or replacing the rotors and / or pads?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The brake squeel is normal for stock pads. Go to EBC Greens if you want to get rid of the noise, they will also drastically cut down on the amount of brake dust.

Do not put on EBC Greens if you plan to track your car.

·
Banned
10,158 Posts
when i bought mine years ago used, i had it checked out for the brakes. sqeaking real good with 3000 miles in the car. the viper tech showed me a service bullitin that talked about the sqeak saying it was nornal. like the last guy said got to the greens and say goodbye to the dogshit stock pads that make you sound like your riding in a primered ford pinto.

·
STALKED
4,470 Posts
The "dog shit stock pads" will actually stop the car under high heat performance driving applications.

Glad you value your poser EBC green mod over actually being able to drive the car hard. /images/graemlins/drive

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
EBC's are great for the street as long as you don't want to stop real quick. I can sure notice a difference between my poser pads(EBC greens) and my Brakeman 3's.
The brakeman will stand you on your nose, but EBC's sure won't! I keep both on hand and will use either depending on my application.
I personally don't like the stock pad period. I have seen too many where the pad breaks away from the backing plate when used for track applications and they are grossly overpriced.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Had to install pads during the Viper Days event last weekend at Motorsport Ranch. Brakeman #3's are fantastic on the track! I don't know how they will wear, squeek, dust, etc. on the street and I really don't care, they are that much better on the track :thumb:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
FlyBryViper said:
Had to install pads during the Viper Days event last weekend at Motorsport Ranch. Brakeman #3's are fantastic on the track! I don't know how they will wear, squeek, dust, etc. on the street and I really don't care, they are that much better on the track :thumb:
FlyBryViper.......they squeek like a MoFo and are very dusty, but they DO stop you better than anything I have used.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I can live with that. I may change my mind later, and if I was going to do a road trip somewhere I might put the stock pads back on. But, the Brakeman #3 do such a better job than the stock pads, I am going to try them a while on the street!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.