Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 1999 RT/10... 22,000 miles... very clean condition.

Silver/Black interior. New tires.... no paint work.....

Any ideas on a fair value?

Thanks in advance,
Lance

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well... I guess cash talks and bullshit walks.

For the record... I would be the buyer.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Schillinger said:
Lance, I thought you already had a Viper. Are you selling your old one?
I currently have a 1996 RT... Black/Silver stripes. I want a Gen II RT... I prefer Silver w/Black interior.

Found one this weekend... but checked PILR today and found out there was a $13,000 insurance claim during November 2001.... I do not have access to CarFax...... but there was an insurance claim.

I am going to go look at this 1999 Silver RT on Friday... on my way to Bradenton. When I buy a Gen II RT... I will be selling my Gen I. It has a recent Arrow rebuild (4,000 miles ago)... 2001 OEM Wheels......

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So... I looked at the silver RT...... put it up on a rack... and it looks like the front rails were replaced. It needs two new wheels due to extensive curb rash... the right quarter panel... rear bumper...... front bumper... all need to be repainted.

The sport cap has two fairly large gouges where the hardtop latches dragged across the top... and the passenger side "slot" for the rear window latch is broken out.

Needless to say...... I am passing on this one...... I would think a fair value was $35K to $37K.

But.... today I found a 1999 Silver RT... one owner... 25,000 miles.... remainder of 7 year 100K warranty.... no paint damage, no collision damage.... the one owner is a 70 year old man who also owns a 2003 SRT-10.

He is asking $50K.... I offered $45K....... he came back with "not a nickle below $47.5K".......... This one has both tops...... all documentation...... it truly is a mint example......

Is $47.5K a fair price? I know it's not a "deal".... but is it fair? I am also seriously looking at that black 99 RT in the classifieds.... it seem sto be in similar condition...... but it has no warranty.... and not as clear of a history.

Give me your suggestions.... please? I have a buyer for my 1996 RT at $37K.... so I would be putting $10K into the 99 RT.

Thanks in advance.....

Lance

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
47.5 is a bit and i mean just a bit high imho. 46.5k would be "fair" and 45k would be a good deal and 40k would be a steal. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Or I could just keep my 1996 RT...... I still love the color... I just want the roll up windows.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
Thin Man said:
Or I could just keep my 1996 RT...... I still love the color... I just want the roll up windows.
I don't think I ever put my windows up on my 96 GTS and will most likely never put them up on my 2001 GTS either.

If that is the only reason and you dint park it out in public too much...keep it.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Toby said:
Thin Man said:
I don't think I ever put my windows up on my 96 GTS and will most likely never put them up on my 2001 GTS either.

If that is the only reason and you dint park it out in public too much...keep it.
Well... I drive my Viper for my every day car...... I love it driving a Viper that much.

So........ the roll up windows would be great......

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
Thin Man said:
Toby said:
Thin Man said:

Well... I drive my Viper for my every day car...... I love it driving a Viper that much.

So........ the roll up windows would be great......

I see your point. Then windows would make the difference.

Good luck in the search! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
In my opinion, finding a cherry in the color you want might be worth a little more than "fair market" price. I know it was for me. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts