Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! If I buy the 19\" Purner Wheels, what tires can I get?

What tires can I get that seriously bite? I've got 17's and the Kumho's Ive got on there now are awesome.. Anything close to those for the street?

G

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Re: HELP! If I buy the 19\" Purner Wheels, what tires can I get?

Gerald said:
What tires can I get that seriously bite? I've got 17's and the Kumho's Ive got on there now are awesome.. Anything close to those for the street?

G
Nope! , nothing comes close for the street, stick with 17's and Kumho's for traction on the street!

·
Registered
582 Posts

You can go to 18's and run the BFG's, which should be as good as the Kumho's, but you're stuck with Pilots for 19's. /images/graemlins/hot

·
Registered
2,657 Posts

I'm in the same boat....I wanted the Purners in the 19's but I want traction. I've decided on the Forgeline VR1's in 18's and running the BFG's.

Does anyone know how fast you can go on those DR's? I hope I can take them up to 180 or above. :ugh:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts

ROLLMODEL said:
I'm in the same boat....I wanted the Purners in the 19's but I want traction. I've decided on the Forgeline VR1's in 18's and running the BFG's.

Does anyone know how fast you can go on those DR's? I hope I can take them up to 180 or above. :ugh:
Yeah, I am curious too. My 18 inch BFG Drag radials just came in today and are now sitting in my garage. Doug Levin put some on the rear of my car he's working on, but I figured I would burn those up the 1st month I have the car back at home while I 'experiment.' SO I got a spare set here now.

I also have the 19 inch purners with the michelins, and they have less traction than the 17's with michelins, at least that was my experience on them.

Manny

·
Registered
2,300 Posts

Manny C. AKA Superbar said:
ROLLMODEL said:

Yeah, I am curious too. My 18 inch BFG Drag radials just came in today and are now sitting in my garage. Doug Levin put some on the rear of my car he's working on, but I figured I would burn those up the 1st month I have the car back at home while I 'experiment.' SO I got a spare set here now.

I also have the 19 inch purners with the michelins, and they have less traction than the 17's with michelins, at least that was my experience on them.

Manny
Manny were did you get your BFG's ?? I called Discount Tire and the Manager told me the BFG does not make a Drag radial big enough for the viper /images/graemlins/wtf

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Screw it. I wasjust after looks and the Purners are so inexpensive..
Too bad everyone wants crazzy money for nice looking 17's. Anyone know of a nice used set of Kenesis, HRE's for 17's? I'll stick with the Kumho's

G

·
Registered
166 Posts

I have the CCW 19s with 305 Pirellis- they dont hook for SHIT. I knew that going in, I just wanted them for looks - but its worse than I had imagined...and I dont put down near as much torque as you guys.

·
Registered
19,175 Posts

Gerald said:
Too bad everyone wants crazzy money for nice looking 17's. Anyone know of a nice used set of Kenesis, HRE's for 17's? I'll stick with the Kumho's

G
You have made the correct choice there!! That is if you want to hook up like crazy on the street!!

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts

alexws6 said:
I have the CCW 19s with 305 Pirellis- they dont hook for SHIT. I knew that going in, I just wanted them for looks - but its worse than I had imagined...and I dont put down near as much torque as you guys.

Alex, could you PLEASE post some pics? :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts

Yellow Fever said:
Manny C. AKA Superbar said:
ROLLMODEL said:

Manny

Manny were did you get your BFG's ?? I called Discount Tire and the Manager told me the BFG does not make a Drag radial big enough for the viper /images/graemlins/wtf
I only got the rears. Got em from Tire Rack. Parts rack has em too.

Manny

·
Registered
166 Posts

AUSTIN said:
alexws6 said:

Alex, could you PLEASE post some pics? :thumb:
[image]http://www.cep3.com/ws6/nov8/shell.jpg[/image]
and since this is a viper forum ...
[image]http://www.cep3.com/ws6/nov8/slows6andsrt10.jpg[/image]
/images/graemlins/thumbs2

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

Gerald said:

G
Gerald,
There are a set of 17" HRE's (540's) for sale on the VCA classifieds for $1700, and a set of 17" OZ Magnezio's for $2250.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts