Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, cracked up the pan today and found some goodies. I'm not sure what pistons and rods these are? If anyone at least knows if they are stock or not stock that would be helpful.

Rod bolts are ARP 2000. Not sure if those are stock but I don't think so.

Pistons have numbers on 103L37 and 376ad.

Thanks!
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,754 Posts
I have a couple of good used sets. Shoot me a message if you need a replacement

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't find the source, there was some space dust in the oil, but the oil and filter was clean. No trash in filter.
That's a blown up pic, the long dark piece is magnetic and is probably about 1/2" or so long

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
I've discovered some chunks like that when I dropped my pan years ago. Measured an iron shard at 2 inches long. Inspected the crank, rods, all appeared fine. I never did discover the source, and nothing appeared since. Never had any anomalies in any of my blackstone samples. I chalked it up as an unsolved mystery.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've discovered some chunks like that when I dropped my pan years ago. Measured an iron shard at 2 inches long. Inspected the crank, rods, all appeared fine. I never did discover the source, and nothing appeared since. Never had any anomalies in any of my blackstone samples. I chalked it up as an unsolved mystery.
Giving me hope haha 🤣

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have yet to get it to run, I discovered a loose rocker while diagnosing no start. Wondering if I just just button it back up and run it, just scared to death of the cam bore being junked.

Thought was to pull some mains and rods to see if there's wear.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I use magnetic drain plugs in all my cars, trucks, tractors, heck even the lawnmower, picks this kind of stuff up on the first change and I never see anything again. Or the contrary, you start to see more and more fine dust collect on the magnet as the motor dies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts