Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been so f-ing busy lately. Working on the house, business trips ect ect ect. I haven't worked less than 80hr/week for the last 5 or 6 weeks. Heck, I kept forgetting what day it is and almost missed my wifes b-day. That would have been horrible. Thank God for my PDA! At any-rate.

I got the viper out and went to the drag strip. I'll post the time slip when I get a chance. I couldn't get the viper to hook up off the line. I need much more practice.

Here is the best slip of the day. I'm pulling it from memory but it was a blast.

R/T: .53x (perfect would have been .000)
60 : 2.21x (good would have been about 1.8)
1/8: 9.02x @ 92.7xmph
[email protected] mph.

Shut down a C6 vette, a ZO6, a few mustangs, old cuda the list goes on. There was a striped down civic hb (yea he was killing most everything his trap speed was 110mph...great for a civic) He was giving the vettes a hard time :rofl: I was shocked that there was not a single street car (ie street tire pump gas ect) that was even close to my ACR. I don't think a single car was trapin' above 110mph. I thought some of the older big blocks would have done better. I wanted to see the black supra run. He had a big single turbo slicks and race gas. Should have been good. Maybe I'll see him sometime.

I feel this car can get into a high 11's Just look at my shitty 60ft and r/t. You can take off at-least .5sec there, now I just need to goto the track and practice more. I'll be happy getting this bone stock ACR into the 11's.

How many of you near stock guys are going into 4th at the end of the track. I know I was having to shift right near the end.

·
Registered
24,063 Posts
i think all of us gotta shift into 4th at the end of the track...i know i did.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was shifting at about 5500rpm. I really need to get a shift light...and a shifter knob...that thing is 10 ft long! :smile:

How well do this engines handle the higher rpms? I'm a little worried about over-reving it.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Tanked said:
Just look at my shitty 60ft and r/t. You can take off at-least .5sec there, now I just need to goto the track and practice more.

How many of you near stock guys are going into 4th at the end of the track.

R/T does not affect you time. All stock cars should go into 4th.

Get your 60ft down and you should see 11's. 2.2's are not going to get you in the 11's you need < 1.9, a high 1.7 would be good.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
see what u run after paolos turbos on your car!!!! the times arent bad, its nice you got out and had some time to drive her! now get back to work... jk

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GARY JAVO said:
The 1/8th mile time seems almost impossible.

:rofl: Yea...that's me making the impossible happen. I think it had to do with the major wheel hop I had at the line. I must have just broke the light, and started the "hopiti hop hop" then hooked up.

Yes, I agree, I have lots of room for improvement. Before I mod this thing, I want to pull 11's. I need to learn how to drive a RWD car before I get carried away. No point in being a 13sec driver with a 8 sec car. This viper is my first "real" sports car. I'm just used to my Talon that I had...rev to 5k dump the cluch and shift at 7200rpm. It was easy to lay down 12's all day long. This car takes much more work. But...my reward will be running 11's all day long in a bone stock car! how cool is that. :cool:

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
What was the outside temperature at when you did your runs? That and track prep could have a lot to do with your perceived poor 60' times. Where I live it is pointless for me to run at the dragstrip from October-May due to the cold temperature of the track and my tires. I get very shitty times if I try to run when it's cold. The tires are hard as a rock too in the cold. I only run on street tires too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.