Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined this forum back when I bought my car around 2008 or so but didn't really participate all that much due to a lot of competing issues (work, family, etc.). I have since retired and am now concentrating on building cars which are mainly vintage Mopars (70 challenger RT, 73 Cuda, 70 Roadrunner, 68 Cuda FB and a 71 Charger) but I also still have my Viper and my 10 Challenger RT.

I have a full shop, pretty much as you would see at any small repair shop complete with a full metal working side, machine shop (mill and lathe), 2 post lift, 4 welders, scan tools, test equipment, etc. I like to be self sufficient so I buy tools and equipment a long the way.

I am retired from the US Army where I spent 26 + years in, mostly in Special Forces. I then went to work in the firearms industry where I worked for another 13+ years following running a training company for the last 5 or so years but now am pretty much completely retired.

I bought my car from the 1st owner who ordered it new. It is an 01 GTS ACR with AC and stereo. I added the stripes which are tape. The car is basically stock although it has a few small changes (enhancements) such as an X pipe, shorter shifter, Toyo tires, painted wheels (I did that) and tow hooks (just installed). The car currently has just over 24K on it. I just replaced the ignition switch which had been going bad for awhile and then discovered that the alternator died which I am now waiting on.

I look forward to participating a bit from time to time.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Landscaping Professional
I joined this forum back when I bought my car around 2008 or so but didn't really participate all that much due to a lot of competing issues (work, family, etc.). I have since retired and am now concentrating on building cars which are mainly vintage Mopars (70 challenger RT, 73 Cuda, 70 Roadrunner, 68 Cuda FB and a 71 Charger) but I also still have my Viper and my 10 Challenger RT.

I have a full shop, pretty much as you would see at any small repair shop complete with a full metal working side, machine shop (mill and lathe), 2 post lift, 4 welders, scan tools, test equipment, etc. I like to be self sufficient so I buy tools and equipment a long the way.

I am retired from the US Army where I spent 26 + years in, mostly in Special Forces. I then went to work in the firearms industry where I worked for another 13+ years following running a training company for the last 5 or so years but now am pretty much completely retired.

I bought my car from the 1st owner who ordered it new. It is an 01 GTS ACR with AC and stereo. I added the stripes which are tape. The car is basically stock although it has a few small changes (enhancements) such as an X pipe, shorter shifter, Toyo tires, painted wheels (I did that) and tow hooks (just installed). The car currently has just over 24K on it. I just replaced the ignition switch which had been going bad for awhile and then discovered that the alternator died which I am now waiting on.

I look forward to participating a bit from time to time.
We're all assholes here some of the time, some are assholes most of the time. Welcome back to the Alley and thank you for your service to our country!

Registered
Mopar fan that served his country is a-ok in my book. Bunch of old grumpy guys post here. Some smart, some very smart, & some believe they鈥檙e smart but actually are more dim lights from distant stars.

These guys do have solutions for Vipers. Sadly this site is the extent of my puter exposure resembling any social media & current events as a rule. If it鈥檚 not on here, it鈥檚 not that important which is just fine with me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts