Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, In an effort to prepare for the twin turbo kit, I am selling my Heffner Supercharger Kit that made 887.7 RWHP and 864.5 RWTQ @13.5 PSI on 93 pump gas. I am selling the whole kit: Vortech JT trim Blower w/2.75" pulley. All brackets, Intercooler and intercooler piping plus silicone sleeves w/t-bolt clamps. Entire fuel system including fuel rails and injectors all lines, fittings and fuel pump. Heffner Custom airbox(Chromed), cross brace(Chromed), Main supercharger bracket(Chromed), Y-Pipe from intercooler to throttle bodies(Chromed). Split Second Fuel Management ECU. The first 11K takes it. Buyer pays shipping. I will build a crate and pack this kit like fine china. This is a fantastic kit, I am just moving up to turbos. I would prefer telephone responses to emails. My cell phone # is: 630-878-3907. Paolo Castellano

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Just curious, but what kind of power would that make bolted to a stock motor? I ask because West Coast Viper has a kit now under $10K with the paxton blower that puts out about 700 RWHP (I think.)

By the way, your guy still want those Brembo Brakes? I haven't posted them online, but it's been a while. If he doesn't want them, just let me know.

Thanks,

Manny

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
This kit can make about 775rwhp, maybe more with the smaller 2.5" pulley that paolo is running. Only thing I have done internally to my engine is the T&D rockers. Everything else is bone stock.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Manny_C said:
Just curious, but what kind of power would that make bolted to a stock motor? I ask because West Coast Viper has a kit now under $10K with the paxton blower that puts out about 700 RWHP (I think.)

By the way, your guy still want those Brembo Brakes? I haven't posted them online, but it's been a while. If he doesn't want them, just let me know.

Thanks,

Manny
Actually, the complete kit is less than $8,000 installed from West Coast Viper. So, this begs the question, whats the differences and what makes a cheaper brand new complete kit installed not a better choice? No flame...just wondering as I want to SC my 2002 bumblebee in a few days

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SUPRAVIPERGTS said:
whats the pros and cons compared with the Paxton kit?

SUPRAVIPERGTS: I can tell you this, the Paxton kit does not compare to the Heffner kit.

1. The Heffner kit has a far superior tensioner system to the Paxton kit(One that is good to keeping the belt on to 213 MPH @ 6200RPM fuel cut in 5th gear)

1a. The Heffner kit also has a 10-rib belt instead of an 8-rib belt on the Paxton kit.==> That's 25% more surface area for the belt not to slip.

2. The Heffner kit has an Air-Air intercooler instead of that low budget air-water deal on the Paxton. It is my opinion that the Air-Air intecooler is more suitable for a street application than the Air-water. The Air-water setup takes up less space/is easier to fit anywhere and is consequently cheaper. Also the air charge temperature on the air-water will never be cooler than the colant temperature. With the air-air intercooler being right in the front of the car, the air charge will surely be cooler than the coolant temperature!

Another way to look at it would be this: What do all the top Heffner, Hennessey, DLM Forced induction systems use: AIR-AIR==> It's more functional period!

3. As far as how much power this kit can make on a stock motor, Just ask Russ Beckett: His stock bottom end with heads and cam made 86X RWHP and, I believe around 820 RWTQ.

4.The Heffner kit also has a superior return-style fuel system with an Aeromotive Eliminator pump which can supply more than enough power for your supercharging needs.

5.Now if you want to talk about drop-dead gorgeous looks, just look at Smokin V-10's avatar: Heffner's kit is the best looking kit out there when you have all the good stuff chromed like the Y-pipe, airbox, supercharger bracket, and crossbrace. So even the posers would give the Heffner kit the highest rating in the "Take your breath away"-_'Holy fucking shit does that look awesome' effect.

5. The final Pro for the Heffner kit is:

a. I have tested this kit and it worked flawlessly throughout the Sport Compact Car Ultimate Street Car Shootout.

b. I have done a 10.507 @ 142.23 MPH with the larger pulley(I am not that good of a drag racer either)

c. The car made 862 RWHP and won for the highest RWHP supercharged car at Dr. Roof's V-10 nationals in Texas.(All with the bigger pulley as well)

d. I have driven the car from Chicago to Maryland and back without a hitch and all over the highway systems of Chicago @ Speeds over 200 MPH. {You can ask JDAWG about that.}

e. I did a 200 MPH standing mile with JDAWG riding shotgun right before the Texas V-10 nationals and also with my new camera a few days after X-mas!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Smokin said:
This kit can make about 775rwhp, maybe more with the smaller 2.5" pulley that paolo is running. Only thing I have done internally to my engine is the T&D rockers. Everything else is bone stock.
Smokin, I actually have been running the 2.75" pulley from right before Texas and on. The car made that 862 or 867 RWHP with the 2.75 pulley, not the 2.5" pulley.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Manny_C said:

Thanks,

Manny
Manny, that little fucking weasel said he left you a message that he is not buying the brakes. I apologize for the fact that I tried to help him and that he backed out of the buying your brakes deal /images/graemlins/sad I will never help him again. I have spoken to another guy buying some of my other parts who might be interested in your brakes.

Hey, congrats on your recent video runs! ==> Take off your wing and splitter and take it to those guys! Great Job!

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
SUPRAVIPERGTS said:
Manny_C said:

Thanks,

Manny
Actually, the complete kit is less than $8,000 installed from West Coast Viper. So, this begs the question, whats the differences and what makes a cheaper brand new complete kit installed not a better choice? No flame...just wondering as I want to SC my 2002 bumblebee in a few days
Kind of like asking whats the difference between a Viper and a Vette? Theyre both two seaters and one costs about $30K less. Thing is you get a lot LESS of a supercharger system. The paxton system, well isnt the most attractive IMO. Bunch of cast pipes, with a hokey air filter that actually collapses if you push HP above what paxton really rates the car at. The fuel system included in the heffner system is BY FAR better than what paxton offers. The custom fuel rails, larger injectors AN Lines and fittings, everything is top notch. I dont know if you guys know what an aeromotive pump looks like, but its not a cheap "in tank" stock replacement. Its not a boost a pump. Its a big billet aluminum housed pump for extreme HP applications.Add the Air to air intercooler, much nicer plumbing, nicer airbox, better brackets, tensioners, belt system, and well can you even compare? You get what you pay for, well unless you cant afford it. Then you buy shit.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
so what's the price tag on this?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Manny_C said:

Thanks,

Manny
Manny, One more thing to point out here: Not to start a flame war here or anything, but this Heffner supercharger kit made more RWHP AND RWTQ with a bent output shaft on the trans, an intake manifold leak(no water+methanol injection) than your DLM made WITH Water+Methanol injection! Think about that one for a while :idea: :nod:

I'm not trying to diminish your DLM ride, but I am just trying to illustrate the benefit/quality/value of the Heffner Supercharger Kit.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Smokin said:
SUPRAVIPERGTS said:
Manny_C said:

Thanks,

Manny
Kind of like asking whats the difference between a Viper and a Vette? Theyre both two seaters and one costs about $30K less. Thing is you get a lot LESS of a supercharger system. The paxton system, well isnt the most attractive IMO. Bunch of cast pipes, with a hokey air filter that actually collapses if you push HP above what paxton really rates the car at. The fuel system included in the heffner system is BY FAR better than what paxton offers. The custom fuel rails, larger injectors AN Lines and fittings, everything is top notch. I dont know if you guys know what an aeromotive pump looks like, but its not a cheap "in tank" stock replacement. Its not a boost a pump. Its a big billet aluminum housed pump for extreme HP applications.Add the Air to air intercooler, much nicer plumbing, nicer airbox, better brackets, tensioners, belt system, and well can you even compare? You get what you pay for, well unless you cant afford it. Then you buy shit.

Leave it to Smokin to cut through the shit and get to the point! :rofl:

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Go Fast For Life said:
Paolo,

If someone was to buy the system, what would Heffner charger to install all the goodies on the car and tune the system?

Go Fast, Give me a call @ 630-878-3907. I am sure Jason would be happy to do the install. jason's # is 410-766-2800.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Paolo Castellano said:
Manny_C said:

Thanks,

Manny
Manny, One more thing to point out here: Not to start a flame war here or anything, but this Heffner supercharger kit made more RWHP AND RWTQ with a bent output shaft on the trans, an intake manifold leak(no water+methanol injection) than your DLM made WITH Water+Methanol injection! Think about that one for a while :idea: :nod:

I'm not trying to diminish your DLM ride, but I am just trying to illustrate the benefit/quality/value of the Heffner Supercharger Kit.

No worries Paolo. You car did make a lot of power. I'm running less boost than you 13.5 psi. In fact, we could have turned up the boost and pulled 900+ RWHP or even more for a great dyno number, but I am running 91 octane out here, so we went conservative. Remember I dyno'd at 883 RWHP in Florida and then Dynod 863 RWHP here in Cali with Cats on (no cats in Florida) so the numbers we pulled there were real world numbers, not just dyno numbers for show that tuners do and then detune them for the street (not saying yours was -- just stating a fact about my system.)

I had Doug build me something safe that I could beat up on daily and would last me years. I don't plan on going 213 MPH, ever! /images/graemlins/smiles

In any event, depending on what somebody charges to install your system, it sounds like a great deal. Somebody might be able to get in for half the normal Heffner price for such a package.

-Manny

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Hey Paolo

Your setup is a giant killer. IMO that baby would have made 950rwhp with ease on good octane and using water/methanol injection to cool and bring the timing right up. It would have also made a heap more torque and a much bigger area under the curve right down from 3000 up had you gone that way.

Jason gave you an awesome engine to produce what it did without any of those extra tricks and on a very conservative tune.

I know turbos are the way to go - but it is almost a shame you never got Jason to add the water and push the timing up. I'm convinced that engine would have easily set the record for most SC power in a Viper - without touching the engine again and without going to a mega power Pro Charger - just sticking to that package.

BTW - thanks for the video man! It is awesome - the speed with which it got to 200mph is unbelievable for a road car - it'd make a Murcielago owner weep. Watching that speedo go from 60mph to 160mph was ballastic!!! :nod:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Paolo, I wish this setup would fit on my Gen I!! :nod:

PS: I am still awaiting my DVD for the Sport Compact Car Ultimate Street Car Shootout. Those bastages in Prime Media's customer service have screwed up twice now. I am sooooo looking forward to seeing it!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
TorqueMonster, post the video! I must have missed it.

-Manny

1 - 20 of 90 Posts