Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEADLIGHT REPLACEMENT...Help!!! (\'97 GTS)

Purchased a set of replacement headlights, meaning the entire assembly. I don't have a manual for the car and wanted to know if anyone on here knew the proper procedure to remove the old headlights. I havn't really looked at it yet, but my buddy did, and said it almost looks like the only way to get to it is through the fog light area or something like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Most cars that I have replaced headlights on were quite simple and straightforward. This one doesn't seem to be the case.

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
Re: HEADLIGHT REPLACEMENT...Help!!! (\'97 GTS)

You'd be better off removing the front fascia. I am not sure it's even possible to onlt use the fog light access hole. The 4 studs on the bottom of the headlights will need to be shimmed - try to rmember what stack of shims came off of what stud when removing the old ones. And there is a lot of play both back and forth and side to side to get the right fit / alignment. There is very little room to work - removing the fascia makes this job reasonable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Who is Term? And I guess no I didnt lol...im not on this board all that much since the car really isnt mine, i just help out with it and drive it alot. It's my buddies car. Picked it up in TN, and gonna post it for sale soon to buy a newer one. I appreciate the help. Sounds like a decent amount of work, may have a local viper shop do the work...thanks again, you guys always come to the rescue when i ask for your help:)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

As long as it's not a red 97 with a smooth hood and a garden growing in the gear shifter. That car was fuckin' trashed. It was also pretty smashed up in the front. Missing headlights/fascia.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts

Cue "breast" post from Chuck regarding "headlight" replacement... 3... 2... 1...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts