Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new here. I just bought a 03 SRT a couples weeks ago. Its my first viper. Awesome car having alot of fun.

Anyways, My car, as I am sure you guys know gets a ton of attention. Most of it positive. However as I was driving home tonight I passed a truck( he was in the turning lane) and some twenty something year old punk yelled something rude out the window as I passed him.

Now this pissed me off alot. And I came very close to turning around to go have some "words" with him. Had there been a few less cars in my way I probally would have.

Anyways does this happen to you guys much? Do obvously jealous people disrepect you somtimes just because you have a awesome car?

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Maybe you are just an ugly mutherfucker...and they weren't refering to your car at all...Congrats on the new S2000...

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Blaze said:
Hi,
I am new here. I just bought a 03 SRT a couples weeks ago. Its my first viper. Awesome car having alot of fun.

Anyways, My car, as I am sure you guys know gets a ton of attention. Most of it positive. However as I was driving home tonight I passed a truck( he was in the turning lane) and some twenty something year old punk yelled something rude out the window as I passed him.

Now this pissed me off alot. And I came very close to turning around to go have some "words" with him. Had there been a few less cars in my way I probally would have.

Anyways does this happen to you guys much? Do obvously jealous people disrepect you somtimes just because you have a awesome car?
Yes, it has happened to me on more than one occasion. If you really want to piss them off just wave and say thanks. They'll think you didn't hear their rude comments and get pissed off. If that doesn't work, just pul out a gun and shoot them. That's what I do.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Motor City MadMan said:
Yes, it has happened to me on more than one occasion. If you really want to piss them off just wave and say thanks. They'll think you didn't hear their rude comments and get pissed off. If that doesn't work, just pul out a gun and shoot them. That's what I do.

What kind of "welcome" is that??? Asskisser! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
159 Posts
By the way, it doesn't matter if you do have a Viper or not... You will get "harrassed" vigorously for a few days when you start posting here.

You ugly bastard you.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
I had some ******* slam on his brakes in front of me the other night when I can up behind him on the highway...did tail him or anything.

when I went around him I looked over and he flipped me the bird. I just looked at him then down shifted and left him oh....about 2 miles behind me when I let up. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

And by the way...A guy named Yo Tony will be around soon to bend you over Greek style. /images/graemlins/carrot

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not quite as bad but some else has been bothering me lately. No matter where I park - typically very far from other cars but never parking 2 spots - I always find some pos car parked next to me. Just last week, some fucker in a rusted up pos nissan pickup parked litterally 6" from my car. He would had to hit my car to open his door unless he came out the passenger side

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have this happen to me all the time. I'm going to create a long tube with a pointy tip. The next time one of these dickheads park next to me, when I'm 3 empty rows away from eveyrone else, I'm going to jam that fucker right into his valve stem.

I also have the Klingon problem, where they stay right in your blindspot no matter where you go. There is also the rear Klingon that pulls right up to your muffler pipe at a red light. I really love that... If your car is a little dirty and you get this problem, just hit your spritzers.. they back right off.

As for hollaring.. mostly just cool people. I can't beleive how many people ask me what kinda car it is...

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
sbkim said:
Not quite as bad but some else has been bothering me lately. No matter where I park - typically very far from other cars but never parking 2 spots - I always find some pos car parked next to me. Just last week, some fucker in a rusted up pos nissan pickup parked litterally 6" from my car. He would had to hit my car to open his door unless he came out the passenger side
Carry a baseball bat for just such an occasion. /images/graemlins/mad

·
Registered
171 Posts
Goddfadda/lucifer - great idea! I am typically not the aggressive type but that shit really gets me pissed. OTher people have suggested more subtle approach - duct tape, strong stickers (one's used by higway patrol for towing) etc.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Blaze said:
Hi,

Yes it happens. Don't mind jealous fools on the road. Just wave and smile!

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Tracy is right on again. Why do you care about any negative comments? You're driving the car you want and it's the baddest car on the road. Who gives a shit what they say. Smile like you didn't hear them and wave. That pisses them off more than anything.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Agree with Chuck and Tracy. If they have nothing better to do than yell shit at other motorists, fuck em. They aren't worth your attention, let alone your anger.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Welcome Blaze...these guys are cool, just think of it as hazing back in your frat. days. You will learn a ton here, have a lot of fun, and as you have noticed, anything goes...so fire one back at em!
Yes, people of all types wil make comments about your Viper. I can't believe how many people don't know what they are, but all of those are positive.
Just ignore the Jackasses, or wave and say thank you...

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Toby said:
I had some ******* slam on his brakes in front of me the other night when I can up behind him on the highway...did tail him or anything.

when I went around him I looked over and he flipped me the bird. I just looked at him then down shifted and left him oh....about 2 miles behind me when I let up. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

And by the way...A guy named Yo Tony will be around soon to bend you over Greek style. /images/graemlins/carrot
When I get shit like that happens to me I pull up next to them, roll down my windows and they usually expect to see some older , smaller guys driving.. They don't expect to see a defensive lineman driving the car all pissed off! They about shit their pants and speed off! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
16 Posts
All reaction from the Viper has been postive for me. With the Z06 however, its usually bad, as one guy threw a rock at it, I followed the guy, pulled over in a dirt parking lot to fight and the guy tried to stab me with a screw driver, that was fun.....best just to punch it and ignore those idiots out there

·
Registered
458 Posts
It still amazes me how many idiots forget that Texas, like many other states, have Concealed Handgun Licenses. I have my CHL number engraved on a CHL badge - it's legal and in a black bifold, just like a cop. You whip one of these out to an idiot doing something stupid on the highways and they suddenly drop back and get in the right-hand lane, never to be seen again!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts