Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

I have a buddy that's been using TORCO In his Supercharged C5 for over a year now and he swears by it..He claims that one can / 10 Gal of 91 Oct will yeild 104 Oct.

Here's what they have to say..

Wizard, Synthetic Octane Booster Plus.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------





M.S.D.S.





More Power, better performance, lower emissions, and increases fuel economy are achieved with the Wizard. Wizard Octane Booster Plus dramatically increases engines level of performance and responsiveness, while greatly increasing fuel economy BY PROVIDING MORE COMPLETE COMBUSTION! Wizard also dramatically lowers exhaust emissions!

Increases Octane Number up to 7 points. More Power, Torque, ad Performance.

Greatly Improves Fuel Economy up to 20%.

Lowers Engine Temp. (E.G.T.'s).

Restores Performance to Oxygenated Fuels.

Eliminates "Ping" and Power Loss.

Fuel Injector Cleaner added.

Decreases Exhaust Emissions.

-Carbon Monoxide (CO) by 50% or more. Caused by incomplete combustion.

-Hydrocarbons (HC) Caused by incomplete combustion.

-Nitrous Oxide (NOx) by 11% or more.

-Oxygen (O2) Caused by inefficient combustion.

-Increased Carbon Dioxide (CO2). Result of increased combustion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,294 Posts
Re: Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

/images/graemlins/headscratch So Jeff, ... are you trying to find out if someone is using this in their Viper?

FYI: I have never heard of it. So, no, I am not. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,338 Posts
Re: Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

Is 7 points meaning it will raise 91 octaine to 91.7 octane, or to 98 octane? Obviously, most people would assume 98 octane, but marketing is about what is legal and not what people think, so I am guessing a point increase is really 1/10th of a whole point.

Based on volume, wouldn't you need to put a shit load (like a few gallons) into 20 gallons of gas to raise the octane up to 98 octane?

TorqueMaster?? /images/graemlins/smiles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

Toulene is another product thats becoming very popular ..I know Snakebitten uses it.

Anybody else have any feedback ?


Thanks

Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,102 Posts
Re: Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

Yellow Fever said:
Toulene is another product thats becoming very popular ..I know Snakebitten uses it.

Anybody else have any feedback ?


Thanks

Jeff
I tried the toulene - made my exhaust smell like ass.

I'm interested in other solutions as well - there are no race gas places close to me and using 114 leaded has me worried about killing my 02's. /images/graemlins/sad
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Re: Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

Av gas unleaded.. get the higher octane stuff and dilute accordingly
 

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
Joined
·
13,280 Posts
Re: Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

I think the best way to go to fight detonation with California 91 octane is water, methanol, or alcohol injection. Its low maintenance, fill it when you get gas,...or even less, its cheap, easy to store, and gives you a margin of safety far beyond what you can add with a can of goop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,245 Posts
Re: Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

Manny_C said:
Is 7 points meaning it will raise 91 octaine to 91.7 octane, or to 98 octane? Obviously, most people would assume 98 octane, but marketing is about what is legal and not what people think, so I am guessing a point increase is really 1/10th of a whole point.

Based on volume, wouldn't you need to put a shit load (like a few gallons) into 20 gallons of gas to raise the octane up to 98 octane?

TorqueMaster?? /images/graemlins/smiles
Dorkmonster agrees. There was a thread over this at the org site a while back. You need gallons of the stuff to make a real difference. Might as well run Touline.

Also - what Smokin said. Yellow Fever - talk to Jason about the SRT10 he is doing - same water injection setup will work for yours! :nod: You want a warning light for blocked jets and low water - other than that they're normally great and low maintenance, just add water at each fill up. Forget the methanol unless racing then add 50% methanol to 50% water. More than that doesn't help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

Thanks TM ! I just got off the phone with Heffie..It Looks very promising /images/graemlins/smiles

:cheers:

Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,245 Posts
Re: Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

/images/graemlins/supergrin.gif you will likey!

Bring diapers for your first full power run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,657 Posts
Re: Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

PRVT JET said:
Unless your supercharged or nos, you don't need higher octane.
:idea: High Compression.......... :nod: Also known as N/A. Wonder why all the outlaw street cars dont fill up at the pump??? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
Re: Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

ROLLMODEL said:
PRVT JET said:
Unless your supercharged or nos, you don't need higher octane.
:idea: High Compression.......... :nod: Also known as N/A. Wonder why all the outlaw street cars dont fill up at the pump??? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Sorry, I forgot about the high compression n/a motors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,727 Posts
Re: Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

100 Octane can be bought at most tracks...it's unleaded...

Toluene works best for me, and gasoline is mostly Toluene anyway...I notice absolutely no difference in exhaust odors...Doesn't smell any different than it does going in the tank...aromatics baby!!! Anthony's trailer queen would have to actually turn over every now and again to emit any type of exhaust gases!!! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif


For the record, I work in refineries and chemical plants, so it all smells like MONEY to me!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,102 Posts
Re: Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

Snake Bitten said:
100 Octane can be bought at most tracks...it's unleaded...

Toluene works best for me, and gasoline is mostly Toluene anyway...I notice absolutely no difference in exhaust odors...Doesn't smell any different than it does going in the tank...aromatics baby!!! Anthony's trailer queen would have to actually turn over every now and again to emit any type of exhaust gases!!! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif


For the record, I work in refineries and chemical plants, so it all smells like MONEY to me!!!
Great - now I'm getting shit from a guy that keeps his car in STORAGE. /images/graemlins/sad
 

·
Mother Fucker
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
Re: Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

Yellow Fever said:
Thanks TM ! I just got off the phone with Heffie..It Looks very promising /images/graemlins/smiles

:cheers:

Jeff
cool, so when are you gettting the beast back?? Will it be there say by next week /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Re: Has anybody tried TORCO\"S Fuel additive ??

I think this is what he is referring to:
http://www.need4speedpower.com/torco.html
I have a little to add about water. I do not have it on the viper, but I'm thinking about it. I have earls water injection stage 2 setup on my turbo Saab. Don't laugh, I have to drive something to work everyday. Anyhoo.. I have had it installed on my Saab for 2 years without a hitch. My Saab had stock HP of 175, with the mods I have on it now, around 300. The stock I.C. flowed 120 cfm. I replaced it w\an eagle talon that flows 300 cfm. Still not good enough-I would have mass boost taper at 16psi w\91 octane. The system injects water right after it leaves the I.C. It comes on around 7psi. I have a 1.0 size injector that can be changed to many different sizes. With it-20 psi easy now which is a hell of a lot of boost. So does water injection work on my turbo Saab-hell yeah it does. Will it work on the S.C. viper in my garage-I have no idea but would love to find out.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top