Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from my first day at the track in Utah and it was packed. I woke up the morning and it was very cool so I thought I would go to opening day. Anyway, I drove my car 50 miles to the track and installed my slicks and skinnies and proceeded to wait for 1.5hrs to make my first run.

The best MPH I had ever had in Utah was 132MPH maybe twice, usually it was around 130MPH with 9 lbs of boost. Now I have 12LBs of boost and water/methanol injection and my first pass was a 10.40 @140.73MPH (1.756 60' time, terrible). I couldn't believe the MPH at 4500 ft elevation. I had three track officials talk to me. The first two asked if I had NOS and the last asked if I had a full cage. He said, slow it down or get a cage. Please realize that this is extremely fast at my elevation. There was a stock Hayabusa running 10.6 @135MPH. I think he was a pretty good rider but I don't know for sure. My second pass was terrible, I tried to leave a lot harder and spun the tires and it got sideways in second so I let off. That was my last pass of the day. The weather was cool, around 50 degrees so the conditions were ideal. I think I have a low low 10 at this elevation but a nine second pass will not come until I can get to sea level.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Great Run Todd!

your set-up gets better each time you go out!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Utah, how long does the water/meth tank last? I know it depends on how much you're into boost, but if you just assumed you were mostly driving around and hammering it now and then, would the water/meth tank last longer than a tank of gas or not? And what happens if you run out--would you have to stop and swipe a new card to change the timing etc. back to a safe tune without the water/meth?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just sent out another kit to be prototyped last week so it will not be long now. We are just trying to get the bugs worked out and get some R&D under our belt. These systems will be available for sale in the next couple of months and they will have to be installed by a qualified tuner. If you simply bolt this package on it will cause your car to lose power. You will have to have a way to adjust your timing and fuel in order for this system to be successful.

Unfortunately I will not be making the trip to BG. I wish I could but it is 1700+ miles one way, that will require too much time off work. If Gary A is coming out west again maybe we can work something out but I don't think it is going to happen this week.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I have not heard much from Sean's innercooler, don't think its going well, but it looks like this is the way to go if you have a Rowe supercharger! Todd you ought to contact Sean and make a deal with him. It would be a great option for him to market with his supercharger

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have talked to sean and as far as I know the prototype put out some impressive numbers. THe system we have designed is a proven design at the track but I have yet to generate dyno numbers. Since spring is here there is decent weather to go a make a few dyno pulls.

The system will retail between $799-849. This will be cheaper than the intercooler and will produce more power but it is not a unit that can be run with high boost applications. For example, I would not sell this system to someone that is running a setup with 12lbs of boost with a standard roe setup, meaning stock bypass valve and no intercooler. However, this system will work fantastic on any system between 7-10lbs of boost that has a standard setup. I have seen huge gains in performance with 8.5lbs and with 12lbs but the 12lbs is going to get too hot for every day driving without an intercooler, bigger bypass, or an additional bypass.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Todd, I think I posted this at the same time you posted earlier so you missed it:

Utah, how long does the water/meth tank last? I know it depends on how much you're into boost, but if you just assumed you were mostly driving around and hammering it now and then, would the water/meth tank last longer than a tank of gas or not? And what happens if you run out--would you have to stop and swipe a new card to change the timing etc. back to a safe tune without the water/meth?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In my car I have a 3 gallon tank and it last about 2-3 tanks of gas. We have a warning light that tells you when the h20 pressure drops below 50psi and there is an optional warning light that tells you when your tank is low.

If you do run out you would have to either control your throttle position or stop and change cards.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Todd, where are you mounting a 3 gallon tank?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
You guys need to put an igloo ice chest in the back of the car and make it look like you are just going to the park. Put some diet cokes and some baby formula (Todd) in there and make it look real.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts