Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was soo much fun.. First lets talk about me. ME ME ME ME... ok? /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

Today was a little better.

Since I never even really got a run in yesterday, today would really show what I can do the 1st time out..

Test and Tune was for about an hour and a half and that was the funnest part IMO..
I'm running Kuhmo's , rear wing (takes about 3 mph off I'm told and next time Im taking all the stereo crap out of my rear ..why? Cuz I'm freaking hooked on this stuff now!!!)

My first run was 2.164 60', 104.33 in the 1/8th and ended up with 11.6 @ 132.33

I wanted more...

2nd T&T run was 2.378 60', 104.99 in the 1/8th and ended up with 11.78 @ 134.56

not good enough!!

3rd run: 2.269 in the 60', 102.97 in the 1/8th and ended with 11.624 @ 134.64

hrrrmph!!

I started to say "well shit, this is only my first time and I should be VERY happy.. Nope, I wasn't satified...

Now it's time for brackets and I was put in the 11.5 to 11.9 class ..

Qualifying bracket I did 1.967 60', 104.87 in the 1/8th, ended with 11.3 @ 134.22 !!!
I quickly got bumped UP to the next bracket.. I'm like WTF!!!!! Everyone else is running slicks and skinnies and I have on street tires!!! grrrrrrr

SO now I'm in the 11.0 to 11.499 class..soo.........

Here's what I did: 1.967 60', 104.87 in the 1/8th, and 11.052 /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif @ 134.77!!

I'm like HOLY SHIT!! FIrst time out and I'm ALMOST in the 10's!!!!!! /images/graemlins/nana

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

now it's time for the real racing.. I really didn't care and tried not to bracket race as I just wanted to run to see what I could muster...

So my last run was..... drumroll pleeeeeease!!!! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

1.913 60', 105.2 in the 1/8th and 10.8 @ 137.55 HELL YEAAAH!(Knoced out of the bracket again!!!) The only next bracket is the guys with slicks and skinnies going 10.00 to 10.4!!!!!!!

Keep in mind these are still nearly 2.0 60' times. I'm told with practice I should be able to get those 60's in the 1.5 to 1.6 range and that should get me in the 10.3x to 10.5x for E.T.

as my car sits I know it's got a 140 at 10.4 or so.. That's my next goal..
Not bad for my FIRST TIME EVER at the track!!! On street tires!

Ok, rant over!

yeah baby!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
ha! thats great G!! It sure is fun as hell when you get out there and realize you can race in a safe enviroment and not worry about tickets or anything law related. Those were some great times, get some d.o.t's and some front runners on that car and you will have 10 x more fun with all that traction. :nod: :nod:

·
Registered
23,359 Posts
DAMN

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hell yeah, street tires...1st time too! /images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/smiles

Jerome, yeah man! 1.6' 60' should knock off about .4 to .5 sec on the ET?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On my last run I realized I wasn't FLOORING IT! I was about 90% throttle and only had it hammered in 4th. I'm soooo used to running it on the street where I can't floor it in 1st, 2nd , etc....

My last run I tried to remember but only did in 4th as you can see my mph went up 3-4 mph... I kept forgetting to floor it, damn.

you guys gotta make the next one. If I can do it and be embarrased with starting off with a 13.0 you have NOTHING TO LOOSE!

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Gerald, awesome times, bro! You're getting better at racing & Gambling. Maybe you should combine the two? /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Gerlad, question: Where you running a stock clutch? How's the clutch running now?

As for your half shaft, did you go with the Unitrax HD or the Titanium? How long did it take Heffner's guys to swap in a new one?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stock everything Manny 'cept the S/C and Kuhmo's. Clutch is ok I guess, I have nothing to compare it to really.???

Unitrax on the halfshafts, the Titanium were 1,500 and I didnt' want to shell out that much to be honest..

Took Jason's crew about 2-3 hours to change them..

G

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Gerlad, if you think you got the track bug now, wait until you road course a car. It is the most fun thing I have ever done in my life. A supercharged Viper isn't ideal for a road course, but I've seen it done with a ROE SC'd viper, and he was kicking ass for his 1st time out with no overheating problems (and it was HOTTTT that day -- like 100 degrees -- In Las Vegas.) Give it a try and just take it easy your first time out.

-Manny

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
:bowdown: :bowdown:

10's on their first event on street rubber! That's awesome Gerald - wahooo! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

No granny shifts in that ET! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congrats Gerald! A 10 second run on street tires is awesome. To think you were considering not running your car. I bet you are glad you did. Cant wait to hear what you will be able to do with the beast when you put a set of slicks and skinnies on it.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
/images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/nana

·
Registered
932 Posts
Shit, that ain't a rant Gerald - that's some cool beans! Way to go! /images/graemlins/smiles :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great job Gerald! You have entertained me with you kill stories for some time now, but I love the track story. Sounds like you are hooked first time out!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.