Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gutted their cats before (converters, that is)? I was about to have hiflows installed, but I think I'm going to try and gut the stock cats just to see how it sounds. Any pointers?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Carrot. The biggest problem is that I just moved out of Atlanta, and I don't trust anyone to weld. I have the hiflows sitting in my garage ready to put on my 01 GTS, but I thought it'd be nice experiment to gut the cats and see how that works. No cutting or welding involved. Then, when I find a good welder, I could just put the hi flows (or maybe just straight pipes?), in place.

Either way, the cats are going in the trash... it'll either be hi flows or straight 3" pipes if I don't like gutted cats. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
19,650 Posts
Achilles99 said:
Hey Carrot. The biggest problem is that I just moved out of Atlanta, and I don't trust anyone to weld. I have the hiflows sitting in my garage ready to put on my 01 GTS, but I thought it'd be nice experiment to gut the cats and see how that works. No cutting or welding involved. Then, when I find a good welder, I could just put the hi flows (or maybe just straight pipes?), in place.

Either way, the cats are going in the trash... it'll either be hi flows or straight 3" pipes if I don't like gutted cats. Thanks!
Are you kidding me, did you know you hae the great 1tony1 right by you?! PM Tony and he can take care of you. JD is also in Atlanta, so there is a lot of help there for ya :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tony and JD are good friends of mine. Only problem is that I just moved 6.5 hours away from Atlanta. I need to change my sig :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
99 RT/10 said:
Where to?
Durham, NC.

I happened to move in about two blocks away from SlaughterJ. Pretty good Viper community so far here in the Carolinas...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.