Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Re: GTS\'s under $40k ?? Do they exist ??

only wrecked

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts

Untrue

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

Prices are actually up slightly. GTS inventory on the VCA classifieds is down to 48. I haven't seen it that low since 2001.
I don't see a stampede to the exit doors like we had with the SRT-10 intro.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

I just sold my 1998 GTS with 34k miles for $39,900 with a clean title. No stories with it. They are out there, you just have to look. I bought it 18 months ago for a tade higher then that with 18k miles.

·
Registered
131 Posts

I am probably selling mine.
1998 GTS silver. Vinyl stripes
37k miles
CCW wheels with Pilot sports. I say about 90% tread left.
Lowered with Eibach springs and realigned.
Smooth tubes and filters.
Jessel rockers and hardened pushrods.
VEC 2. purchased in June 04.
Corsa exhaust, Roe Hi flow cats.
Roe hoses,fan controller,clutch adjustment.
Mgw shift knob,cigarette lighter,A/C knobs.
Ebc green pads.
All Work,recalls and recent maintence including flushing of all fluids, new plugs and wires performed by Chuck Tator.
Probably some other stuff but I forget.
Second owner car no stories or accidents.
If there is a flaw I would say front facia needs to be repainted because of stone chips.

$38000.00

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts

I know of a 98 red GTS, app. 25k miles in northern Indiana that could probably be had for close to that. Send me a P.M. if you want the guys information.

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts

Moundir said:
Never seen one go under 40k, but have seen some go for ~ 42-43k which is dirt cheap for what you get :nod:
I will gladly take my foot out of my mouth since there are a few gts' under 40k for sale /images/graemlins/freak Wow wish I wanted one, I would jump on that silver one, that is an amazing deal :nod:

·
Registered
383 Posts

The only item I would caution you on is getting the car checked over carefully, whether from a Dealer or an individual. The ones that are going low may have alot of miles, and that will make the price more palatable, but check deeper for things, like paint blistering on the side siles, see if recalls were done, and get the car on a lift to check for damage, leaks and telltale frame issues. The prices seemed to have stabilized on Vipers in general, and the lower mileage cars will still bring more money.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton

·
Registered
265 Posts

Hey travis did u ever get the title from the state for your car? im surpised it hasnt gone yet.....

-Brian

·
Registered
161 Posts

NO

Salvege

Wrecked

SCAM - one on Cars Dot Com for 35k yellow w/ stripes, "owner" wants $$ into a bogus escrow company's account, blah blah blah. Most likely hijacked pics, same car was on ebay both were from 2 different locations.

·
Registered
339 Posts

Hello, I'm new here.

I've been following the recent '06 Charger info and it is turning into one big pile of stinking crap. Now what I'm hoping is around this time next year being able to get me a '96-'00 Viper GTS for around the price of an SRT-8 Charger. Basically the only two cars I'm interested in. I'm of course hoping to find one shy of $40k in good shape but by next year. What would everyone here say? A Viper GTS or an SRT-8 Charger for around the same price if possible... (I'm guessing the SRT-8 is around $36k-$40k)

Also is there anyone around Lakeland, FL able to show me the power of a Viper IRL? hehe I've only sat in them at car shows. I'm 20 yrs. old and bout to be shipped out come the 19th of this month. -PM me I guess.

Thx in advance!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.