Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GTS\'s going down in value

now that i think about it the economy still sucks and when the new viper coupes come out. the gen II prices are going to plummet. but then after that i think it will be be steady for a while. just wondering if heavily modded GenII's are getting their money back on the tens of thousands of dollars spent on mods?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Re: GTS\'s going down in value

SVB
Wake up, no one gets Mod money back, the tuner selling it new for the first time is the only one making money from mods. You are lucky to recover 20% of any mod money and sometimes it drops to ZERO.

Sorry I can't see this "bad economy" that sucks. Here in Texas or at least Houston things are rocking. More jobs, more money being spent, Bush gave a tax break to the infamous rich and they have let it trickle down to us worker bees and we are doing our part by spending.

This economy rocks, thank you Mr. Bush

·
Out to lunch
10,529 Posts

1: You are High if you think you will get much more than Pennies on the dollar for mods added to a car.
2: What the fuck is wrong with the economy?
3: prices have been dropping a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts

its a car, you never get your money back especially on mods. now, with that being said, there is always the PT Barnum factor so in some cases you win

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts

I have actually seen prices go up on some cherry GTS models and the economy is getting better every day. We are seeing record sales and revenues in all of our businesses.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts

Got 58k for my 00 GTS last week. Diablo said I wouldn't get 53k. Nice ones will bring good $$$

·
Registered
1,344 Posts

I've noticed the prices have gone up (GTS) the past 6-months. Maybe due to Spring/Summer, who knows.... But it seems last fall was the time to buy. Of course you can always point to a 'beat-up' or 'has a story' GTS for cheap. But the nice ones seem to be coming up a little in value.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts

I don't know guys. I posted eariler that I found a 02 ACR for $61,500 it was a bumble bee with less then 4k on the clock. If I can pick that up for 55k...that would be sweet.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

All cars drop like rocks and Vipers are no different. How many people out there still can't afford a "toy"? How many people actually want a Viper? There aren't that many compared to other cars and tha Viper marlet only has a small sect of the population that wants one.

Buyers market.

If you by any car for an investment you are nuts and double nuts if you think a modded Viper is worth anything to anyone other than the person that built it. As Rohn said 20 cents on the dollar if that much. Look at the idiots that drop boat loads in a car stereo, it's worth nothing for resale. Watch a car dealer laugh at your $8000 stereo on a trade in.

Modding money might as well be thrown in a fire on resale, you do it for yourself and your enjoyment but your going to get raped on resale.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts

Tanked said:
I don't know guys. I posted eariler that I found a 02 ACR for $61,500 it was a bumble bee with less then 4k on the clock. If I can pick that up for 55k...that would be sweet.
Are you going to buy it? If not...tell us where it is. If the car is "like new" it's worth every bit of 65K.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts