Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stranded in the early am, no light had to jack car up and missed the rear jack point. damaged the passenger side under panel, placed jack to far inward. need the name of this panel to hopefully replace. Thanks :mad:

·
Premium Member
19,142 Posts
Stranded in the early am, no light had to jack car up and missed the rear jack point. damaged the passenger side under panel, placed jack to far inward. need the name of this panel to hopefully replace. Thanks :mad:
Are you talking about the trans tunnel cover? That would be way far in! If you got the cockpit area, it will have to be pulled.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking about the trans tunnel cover? That would be way far in! If you got the cockpit area, it will have to be pulled.

The area damaged is about 4 inches from the rear jack point going inward, in front of rear wheel near rocker panel

·
Premium Member
19,142 Posts
Right under the drivers seat? If so, it will need to get pulled, unless you want to totally disassemble. it is welded into the frame I think.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
take the seat out and bump the panel down as best as you can, and forget about it, unless this is a 250 mile collector showpiece that gets displayed over top of mirrors. Shite happens.

·
Premium Member
19,142 Posts
take the seat out and bump the panel down as best as you can, and forget about it, unless this is a 250 mile collector showpiece that gets displayed over top of mirrors. Shite happens.
If I remember correctly, it is double steel, so two layers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'll just make the regular useless post and say call your insurance agent and have her totaled 😁 On a serious note, try using those hot glue pullers they sell in local auto parts stores, sometimes they do the trick for stuff like that but it all depends on the extent of the damage you got going on there.

·
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner
8,632 Posts
I'll just make the regular useless post and say call your insurance agent and have her totaled 😁 On a serious note, try using those hot glue pullers they sell in local auto parts stores, sometimes they do the trick for stuff like that but it all depends on the extent of the damage you got going on there.

The hazard of "idiocy" is certainly not a peril to be covered by your insurance policy. Stop with the insurance fraud, you're raising my rates.

Hot glue to pull double walled? Like how you would for a hail dent? Wow, how'd that work out for ya?

The jack points should've been painted hyper-yellow or hunter-orange from the factory, eh?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts