Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea how much room there is between the top of the fuel tank and the carpeted cover in the back? I'm planning on mounting my stereo amp up there and have to screw some screws into the top to hold the amp down and I don't want to puncture the tank in the process.

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
Just drill a pilot hole. As soon as you smell gas, back off a 1/4" and that's how long to make the screws.

:lolcry:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Lots of folks have done this but I think they just mounted on top in there own surround somehow.

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
You have got a max, and I mean max. of 1 inch between the tank and underside of the panel. Use extreme caution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
By the way, nice picture of a quad track in your gallery, not quite as quick as a viper but lots of torque. My buddy is a metalurgist for Case in Burr Ridge, Illinois.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ORIGINALGTS said:
By the way, nice picture of a quad track in your gallery, not quite as quick as a viper but lots of torque. My buddy is a metalurgist for Case in Burr Ridge, Illinois.
Really, I was at Case in Burr Ridge a month ago trashing loaders for the engineers. Every now and then the company calls me for my expert opinion :nod:
Thanks for the info about the tank.
BTW what your bud's name, maybe we've met.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
LETHAL GTS said:
Any idea how much room there is between the top of the fuel tank and the carpeted cover in the back? I'm planning on mounting my stereo amp up there and have to screw some screws into the top to hold the amp down and I don't want to puncture the tank in the process.

there has to be at least 7-8 inches................ :sleeping:

·
Landscaping Professional
14,341 Posts
I think it's more like 2 inches clearance under the shelf. (That's like 50mm.) /images/graemlins/wink

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.