Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - just wanting everyone in the North Texas region to know there's a dealer in Dallas called Park Cities Chrysler Jeep Dodge that has service mechanics that are known in this area for Viper work. Also - they always have a good selection of new Vipers and a couple sales people that are high performance experts. Will send contact info for the owner if anyone's interested.

·
RMPL
21,886 Posts
armpitmann, it would be a good idea to make a few useful posts on here before you come on like a shill. So what is your position at the dealer?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
dealership is going incognito in new efforts to secure business

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hello - just wanting everyone in the North Texas region to know there's a dealer in Dallas called Park Cities Chrysler Jeep Dodge that has service mechanics that are known in this area for Viper work. Also - they always have a good selection of new Vipers and a couple sales people that are high performance experts. Will send contact info for the owner if anyone's interested.
LOL, I had a sales person take me to the back and show me a 97 GTS and a 06 SRT-10 and thought it was the exact same car. She couldn't understand why the speakers looked different. Then she takes me inside and gets a sales manager to come speak to me. I told him I was looking for a GTS Blue 08 Viper. He says they don't have any, but a black one is coming in, and I need to put a deposit down now to reserve it, it probably wouldn't last, and that black is a better choice. I would also be able to get it at MSRP. I've learned to stay away from Park Cities Dodge, but thanks anyway ;)

·
Registered
23,316 Posts
shut the fuck up spammer

·
Registered
144 Posts
Whatever you do, don't go to McKinney Dodge!!!

I went for a safety inspection about 6 months ago and before the inspection I told them that my check engine light was on since my skip-shift eliminator resistor was bad. They said they could inspect and pass it anyway. They then came out and said that they could not pass it since my check engine light was on, and it was $48 just to hook it up to the machine. They didn't even hook up the OBDII scanner to see what the code was. I went home and replaced my skip-shift resistor, and the check engine light went out, so all was good right? Wrong!!! When I took it back to them to inspect it, they hooked it up to their machine and then said that they could not pass it since the check engine light had been on recently, and I would have to drive it about 1500 miles to allow the computer to clear the code fully...oh and it would be $48 again since they had to hook it up to their machine again. Since my car had 15000 miles and was 6 years old, I wouldn't drive 1500 miles until 6 months to a year out. Not wanting to pay another extra $48 for absolutely nothing, I never took my car back to them scam artists. Then about 2 months later, I get a letter in the mail from McKinney Dodge that states that my safety inspection was never reinstated (and they had no clue that I did not get it inspected somewhere else) and that they had reported me to the Texas Registration office, indicating that I would not be able to get my registration renewed. Is that crazy or what!!! All for a safety inspection on a car with 15000 miles.

Therefore, don't go to McKinney Dodge!!!

I will try anyone else except them jokers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've had pretty negative experiences with park cities dodge also. Dallas dodge however was really helpful and extremely quick, would definitely recommend them even though they are slightly further away.

·
Banned
13,415 Posts
Hahahahahaha!!! The girl at my local dealership asked if the "Viper" was made by Dodge or Chrysler. I figured it was her nice double D's that got her the job, so I stared at them and said, "Dodge, honey.....Dodge"

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was driving to Dallas last December on a Thursday afternoon and had a rear blow out a little over half way. I called to see what dealer was closest to my hotel and it was Dallas Dodge. I called them and they said they could get me a tire the next day. I had the wrecker driver drop the car their and then he gave us a ride to the hotel. They were able to get the tire from the warehouse and mount it that Friday and I had my car back that weekend. There were a couple little things that came up, but they cut the cost of the tire to make up for it.
Their shuttle guy even picked me back up at my hotel.

Dallas Dodge.

Reactions: AUSTIN

·
Registered
376 Posts
What is this about?
"Thread Date Posted By Comment Great Dodge Dealership ... July 11th, 2011 10:40 AM AUSTIN Neg rep for not answering my question."

·
Registered
522 Posts
Whatever you do, don't go to McKinney Dodge!!!

I went for a safety inspection about 6 months ago and before the inspection I told them that my check engine light was on since my skip-shift eliminator resistor was bad. They said they could inspect and pass it anyway. They then came out and said that they could not pass it since my check engine light was on, and it was $48 just to hook it up to the machine. They didn't even hook up the OBDII scanner to see what the code was. I went home and replaced my skip-shift resistor, and the check engine light went out, so all was good right? Wrong!!! When I took it back to them to inspect it, they hooked it up to their machine and then said that they could not pass it since the check engine light had been on recently, and I would have to drive it about 1500 miles to allow the computer to clear the code fully...oh and it would be $48 again since they had to hook it up to their machine again. Since my car had 15000 miles and was 6 years old, I wouldn't drive 1500 miles until 6 months to a year out. Not wanting to pay another extra $48 for absolutely nothing, I never took my car back to them scam artists. Then about 2 months later, I get a letter in the mail from McKinney Dodge that states that my safety inspection was never reinstated (and they had no clue that I did not get it inspected somewhere else) and that they had reported me to the Texas Registration office, indicating that I would not be able to get my registration renewed. Is that crazy or what!!! All for a safety inspection on a car with 15000 miles.

Therefore, don't go to McKinney Dodge!!!

I will try anyone else except them jokers.

Are you sure they didnt tell you 150 miles? Thats pretty common knowledge for the miles you need to drive to reset it. Either way thats a pain in the ass

1 - 20 of 20 Posts