Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
The AEM is a nice unit.

The good news is that it will do exactly what you tell it to do.

The bad news is it will do exactly what you tell it to do.

In good hands it is the best value solution out there for this kind of application - and I know that Paolo is going to some trouble to ensure it is tuned professionally - :thumb:

What we need now is to see AEM further develop to work in parallel with the factory ECU so the cars can be OBD2 compliant and pass emissions etc... for all 3 generation Vipers! That is the greatest need for the big V10 now - other fuel/timing solutions fall short.... some WAY short.

I've seen the management systems used by different tuners since being in the USA including what the big names are doing in Viperland. I've not seen anything over here yet that impresses me in the engine management department - in fact some stuff that is used on certain "top shelf tuner packages" is a pathetic joke. That people accept it as being "ok" amazes me....

That was me being a diplomatic kiwi - but I understand that tuners have to work with what is available... and some try harder than others to put it mildly.

Don't ask me to get specific - it'll step on too many toes - but a serious Viper needs AEM. On the other hand AEM will be blamed for many future blow ups because clowns get hold of it.

If only AEM could be made 50 state legal.

HINT HINT:

If the AEM can develop a way to parallel with the factory ECU - then THAT will be the next best thing to having a fully programmable factory computer - something I can't see Chrysler ever giving us (to their own loss).

The reason the factory will not do it is because they THINK it will cost Mopar Performance too much lost revenue... but trust me - no serious racer buys Mopar Performance parts anyway - they are high priced middle of the road parts and always have been. Their V10 roller rockers are good but that is because they are made by T & D who make their own in a different color and sell them cheaper.

Real power innovation is in the aftermarket sector and if DC ever wake up like Ford appear to be doing - they'll recognize the opportunity to work WITH us instead of against us. The more they spend to stop and fool the industry the more they waste because they will never out smart the aftermarket industry - we will always find a way - eventually to get around whatever they do...

if only the factory could be our friends instead of treating us like the enemy he wailed, then fell in his soup

they've cost themselves countless millions over the years in lost goodwill because of this - but I'm raving on so this is TM signing off....

:sleeping:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Paulo, you will be delighted with the AEM. It has enabled my car to produce huge horsepower and idle and drive like a pussycat. The control it gives is superb and the datalogging feature is indispenable for effective tuning, both on the dyno and on the road. I dont think that there is any way that the degree of driveability could be configured without this stand alone system, and the plug and play nature has just made the whole thing feasible for my project. Traction control( in a roundabout way, but which works) launch control(or assistance!), low cost wide band OEM type sensors, what more could you want !!! (Well it would be nice to not be locked in or out when the motor is running, but I know AEM are working on this !)

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Joel,

The door lock issue has already been resolved. You will need to connect 5 wires from the PCM to the Entry Module and door locks will work as designed by the factory.

The AEM instruction manual should have this information along with the custom harness for the 5 wire connection.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks VTT, my car is in LA at the moment and I'm in Ireland, so I havn't been able to get near it for a few weeks, I had heard that this issue had been addressed, but wasn't quite sure how and at the time mine was installed there wasnt a fix sorted. Really looking forward to making contact with my car again !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.