Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad news is i was backing out of a parking spot, street was clear, lady comes out of a back alley, makes a right and smacks into the back of my viper that is halfway out into the street. My back passenger bumper vs her passenger side prior to the rear wheel. She didn't see me at all she claims.. "your car was too low" :slap: Really not sure whos fault it is.. i mean there was noone on that street when i started backing, and she hit me on the corner as she rounded the bend. I guess i have to wait to hear from the insurance company.. Grrr. Good news is that it just took off the paint from my back bumper.. no cracks, no divots etc.. Took it to a good body shop and it'll be $550 to remove, repaint and replace the bumper on the car.. If i woulda been back another 6 inches she woulda torn off the ass end of the car. Funny thing is that the ford looked to me like it took more damage.. serious crease down the rear door and tore off her fiberglass running board in the rear. What a way to start a monday /images/graemlins/frown.gif
 

·
FUSTFU
Joined
·
9,240 Posts
Speed limits in alleys are like 10MPH...her fault sue the fuck out of her....its a felony to hit a Viper and she should be executed. Say your neck hurts as well just for the hell of it. LOL /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,999 Posts
well that is shitty! and for the record, it is ALWAYS their fault /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif. hopefully they can match the paint! glad you are ok....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thnx for the concern.. it was definitely a low speed impact.. tho a couple more inches back and she woulda tore off the ass end of the car i am sure
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
how many tissues did you use to control the crying???? I would be pretty upset. At least it wasn't a total scrap. Good to see you are o.k.
 

·
FUSTFU
Joined
·
9,240 Posts
RedSnakeGTS said:
MHQC said:
how many tissues did you use to control the crying????
about as many as Snatch does when he watches "Queer as Folk"
You son of a bitch /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
Were there skid marks left by her tires? Measure the length, she must have been going 30 turning the corner. C'mon, if she was really going 10 she would have stopped in time.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
95Viper said:
Were there skid marks left by her tires? Measure the length, she must have been going 30 turning the corner. C'mon, if she was really going 10 she would have stopped in time.
Naw. she was not speeding.. she freely admits to not have seen my car at all.. that is why she did not stop in time.. *shrug*

No tissues.. perhaps if the damage had been to a greater extent then yes.. Just a bummer way to start my monday. I just got done washing her yesterday and bam this is what i get for taking it into town today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,011 Posts
Just like her SUV is a Ford and is going to be recalled for being defective, she needs to be recalled to her Maker for being defective. /images/graemlins/ar15firing.gif
 

·
You mean Shenanigans
Joined
·
4,979 Posts
Roadkill said:
Naw. she was not speeding.. she freely admits to not have seen my car at all.. that is why she did not stop in time.. *shrug*

No tissues.. perhaps if the damage had been to a greater extent then yes.. Just a bummer way to start my monday. I just got done washing her yesterday and bam this is what i get for taking it into town today.
Are either of you claiming this through your insurance company? I definitely would have called the police out to take report. Especially if at the time, she was admitting that she didn't see you. That story may change, but I certainly hope it doesn't and your repair goes smoothly.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Matt said:
Are either of you claiming this through your insurance company? I definitely would have called the police out to take report. Especially if at the time, she was admitting that she didn't see you. That story may change, but I certainly hope it doesn't and your repair goes smoothly.
The car has full coverage with a $250 deductible.. so my repair will go smoothly.. the carnage afterwards may not go smoothly though. Ultimately, it will be up to what the insurance companies duke out. It went to insurance as she asked me for my policy and the last thing i am gonna do is wait for my insurance to find out from her company. I had to give a tape recorded history of the event to my insurance company today. I've been upfront with em about the matter and haven't lied whatsoever, I hope that she follows suit.
 

·
Landscaping Professional
Joined
·
14,147 Posts
Fortunately for you, the back end of the Viper comes away from the average accident completely unscathed. There should be plenty of parts available for it that won't have to come from the dealer's parts department.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,841 Posts
Glad to hear your ok Road. Just be thankful, it could have been worse. Hope everything works out for ya.




Austin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,362 Posts
That sucks but your ok and thats what counts could have been worse. I wonder if she was on the phone OR putting on make up and looking in the mirror.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top