Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got $45K cash who\'s selling me their 00-01 Red RT/10?

Sold my other car, ready to buy now. Need a new car to worship. :bowdown: You guys all know once winter comes around and 05 gets here those RT's will dip some some /images/graemlins/laughing.gif. So why not throw one my way now before they loose some of that precious value? :thumb:

Has to be less than 20K miles, red, and pretty much mint. Whats currently on the market right now?

C'mon... someone's got to cough up their RT/10. Trust me, it will look better in my garage...

Who's sellin out??? :stupid:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Got $45K cash who\'s selling me their 00-01 Red RT/10?

2000 Dodge Viper 2 Dr RT/10 Convertible

Trade-In Private Party Dealer Retail
$42,394 $45,700 $48,941

Check the results anywhere online. I'd say I'm pretty much in the ballpark.

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts

Better come up with some more cash or get an older Viper. I'd say a 1999 is right in your price range.

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts

·
Registered
6,989 Posts

Need4Speed said:
2000 Dodge Viper 2 Dr RT/10 Convertible

Trade-In Private Party Dealer Retail
$42,394 $45,700 $48,941

Check the results anywhere online. I'd say I'm pretty much in the ballpark.
If you think Kelly Blue Book, Edmunds, or the NADA Guide are accurate on the pricing for limited production vehicles about which they have limited sales data in order to properly forecast a value, then you're damned dumb. Try the VCA classifieds.

·
Registered
732 Posts

Trade in values according to books mean shit to viper owners. cars like these have special buyers, those books are meant for high production cars such as corvettes. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

99 is fine but has to be red, found a 2000 RT/10 with 9k miles and leftover extended warrantee in my price range. Can someone run the VIN# when I get it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

In June Adams Dodge sold a 01 RT/10 with 9500 miles on it for $47,500, still had warrantee in mint condition. Security dodge sold a 00 rt/10 for $46,750 with under 18K miles on it. I know this because I almost bought both of these cars (would have if we agreed on a trade in price for my car). There are plenty of RT's out there for sale in the 50K+ range, but they will just sit there for awhile until someone comes up with the cash and does not care to pay more, or they decide to come down in price.

Take the americar superstore. They have an Rt/10 with 73K miles on it for 49,999. That car has been advertised for over a year, no one will even look at it for that price so it sits.

Viper is a specialty item no doubt about it and it holds its value better than most cars but it still depreciates. Figure another 5-6 years and they might stop or turn around.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

Need4Speed said:
In June Adams Dodge sold a 01 RT/10 with 9500 miles on it for $47,500, still had warrantee in mint condition. Security dodge sold a 00 rt/10 for $46,750 with under 18K miles on it. I know this because I almost bought both of these cars (would have if we agreed on a trade in price for my car). There are plenty of RT's out there for sale in the 50K+ range, but they will just sit there for awhile until someone comes up with the cash and does not care to pay more, or they decide to come down in price.

Take the americar superstore. They have an Rt/10 with 73K miles on it for 49,999. That car has been advertised for over a year, no one will even look at it for that price so it sits.

Viper is a specialty item no doubt about it and it holds its value better than most cars but it still depreciates. Figure another 5-6 years and they might stop or turn around.

Trade in is the key. I have an Infinity G35 that I was going to trade in on one at the dealer. They dropped the Viper 5k from asking to 45k, but they also were only going to give me 23k for a 20003 G35 with 8k miles. Needles to say, I still have the G35 and the GTS from a private party parked right next to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.