Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My viper will be here on Thursday! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif :bowdown:

The bad news...it's going to rain all weekend :fist:

That's like playing gt3 and you wreck right before the finnish line and come in last...doh! Oh well. Guess I'll have to weight to drive it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
After I bought my Viper, it rained 40 days and 40 nights and I had to load a couple of Hippos in it. Finally, the land settled and the floods returned to the rivers & oceans and then I could drive it!

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BETTER NEWS! I got my viper lastnight. It's looks just like the fuzzy pictures...red 01 ACR. There are afew things I'm not too happy about...like all the rims are scrached and under the front bumper. But the dealer will take care of that (at least that's what they say...we'll see.)

Even though it was raining I drove it anyway /images/graemlins/smiles In 4 hours of driveing (slowly) in the rain, I thought it was crazy how many people where drawn to the car. It was funny pulling up to jack-in-the-box, and this chick droped the drink when see seen the car. My wife and I thought it was funny.

Even while it rained when the car was unloaded from the truck; there was a testarosa and a 360...people would walk near them...but walk right over at the viper and look. NUTZ. So far so good. Now if it will just stop raining so I can use more then 1/4 throttle. hehe.

OK the owner's manual didn't come with it...so can anyone tell me where the hood realease is.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hood release, front nose of car, upper opening, to the right of center.
Reach in there and feel for a plastic handle approx. 4" long, pull down. It pivots on the left. This will pop the hood up about an inch. There is a relief in the front of the hood, the safety hood release. Move it to the left and lift hood up as high as it will go, approx. 6", You can then lift the rear of the hood, at the base of the winshield, to open hood fully.
When closing, be sure the rear of the hood aligns with the guides & rollers fully, go slowly. With rear of hood secure, lower front until safety hood relase catches. The hood is now approx. 2" from closed. With both hands, one on each side of the center or air inlet, press firmly to latch hood.
Takes a little practice, but you will get the hang of it.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
another thing.. please don't drive the car an inch with the hood open. With the front popped up the hood sides move into the front wheel wells and driving the car could cause you to rip a chunk of your hood off.

·
Registered
191 Posts
When closing the hood be careful you can crack it. Look on the underside & see where the hinges meet the hood(near the center on either side of the duct. You want to push down with your hands over where the hinges meet the hood.

Andy

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
ATEAV8 said:
When closing the hood be careful you can crack it. Look on the underside & see where the hinges meet the hood(near the center on either side of the duct. You want to push down with your hands over where the hinges meet the hood.

Andy
Exactly, and the hinges connect to the hood about 12+ inches from the front lip, so the palms of your hands will push down on the top of the hood over top of where the hinges connect to the hood, therefore, do not close the hood by pushing down on the lip like many other cars.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GOOD MORNING GUYS

nope no owner's manual...damn. But I did talk to the dealer they are going to send me one. It's been light rain so...I drove the car. It's crazy that at light throttle (1/8th to 1/4) will cause the rear end to want to break loose when making a turn from a stop.

Granted my last "sports car" was a modified neon. Big differance. I'll do some light tracking to get the feel of the car. Maybe if get in a race school in a year or two I'll be ready to take it to the autoX and not always come in last and look like an idiot. I remember beating up on lots of n/a 911's and boxsters in a neon. (porche club hates me hehehe) I can't wait to take out some ferrari and lambo's. It's all about smoothness.

How often do most of you track your cars? One part of me wants to goto the track everyday...the other part is..."if you break it...you can't fix it." How well will my ACR stand up to track abuse.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK another dumb newbie question:

Do the seat recline? Wish we had a manual "online" Maybe that's something that can be added to the fourm? Can we bring this up to the "power's that be."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.