Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, some of you have seen me finnaly start to post. I've been learker for about a year. No reason to post if you can't buy it righ...just lay back and learn what you can.

I've found a 02 ACR with 3,700mi. They are asking $61,500 for it. It's at a dealer, so I should be able to talk them down some. What do you think...offer 50k (low BALL) then work up from there. I was thinking about 55ish. Would be a good price. BTW It's a bumble bee.

I'm really not wanting to spend more then 55k. If anyone know where I can get a better deal on an ACR (00+ please) That would be great. Also mod-ed is even better.

The biggest deal is keeping the wife happy. All of you who are married know what I'm talking about. She doesn't want me to get a 00 or less. So...most of them I find are stock and that's fine...as long as it's an ACR. If you can get me a hook-up that would be wonderful.

Any Q's Pm me.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
If you got thast for under 55K, you'd be stealing it. Go for it.

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
I'd say it being a dealer they'll have close to 60k in it. I cold be wrong here but it just depends on the dealer itself. If they are used to having and selling Vipers then it's untrue but.... I'd say if you got it for 50k you be kicking ass.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,790 Posts
If the car is VERY clean and in "like new" condition...that car is worth every penny of 65K. Remember that 02 if you were to buy it new...after taxes etc would be almost 100K.

Buy it but look it over VERY carefully.

My advise is...if you like the car and it's in the condition you want...offer them a few $$ less...go back and forth a few times....then buy it. Offering them 50 is bottom feeding and wasting everyones time. Be happy if you can get it for 59 or 60k. Even at that price you are getting a sweet deal.

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Tanked said:
Ok, some of you have seen me finnaly start to post. I've been learker for about a year. No reason to post if you can't buy it righ...just lay back and learn what you can.

I've found a 02 ACR with 3,700mi. They are asking $61,500 for it. It's at a dealer, so I should be able to talk them down some. What do you think...offer 50k (low BALL) then work up from there. I was thinking about 55ish. Would be a good price. BTW It's a bumble bee.

I'm really not wanting to spend more then 55k. If anyone know where I can get a better deal on an ACR (00+ please) That would be great. Also mod-ed is even better.

The biggest deal is keeping the wife happy . All of you who are married know what I'm talking about. She doesn't want me to get a 00 or less . So...most of them I find are stock and that's fine...as long as it's an ACR. If you can get me a hook-up that would be wonderful.

Any Q's Pm me.

What do you mean by, "make her happy"? And, what does having an '00 or newer have anything to do with "making her happy"? :ugh: Is this going to ne HER car?

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, my wife has a thing about older cars. She hates older cars. She grew up very, very poor. She always had really bad POS's. Her family didn't have the money to get them fixed. After we got to started dating(many years ago) I became the family mechanic. I would go over there and fix the cars all the time. It's alright with me because I enjoyed it. Besides my inlaws kick ass. I get along better with them, then I do my own family. Trust me, don't get me started on how good my inlaws are...I will not stop. :smile:

So now, if we can buy a newer one, she would want me to get it. Understand???

I'll take your guy's advice, I'll offer something like mid 50's. We'll see how it goes. I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Tanked said:
No, my wife has a thing about older cars. She hates older cars. She grew up very, very poor. She always had really bad POS's. Her family didn't have the money to get them fixed. After we got to started dating(many years ago) I became the family mechanic. I would go over there and fix the cars all the time. It's alright with me because I enjoyed it. Besides my inlaws kick ass. I get along better with them, then I do my own family. Trust me, don't get me started on how good my inlaws are...I will not stop. :smile:

So now, if we can buy a newer one, she would want me to get it. Understand???

I'll take your guy's advice, I'll offer something like mid 50's. We'll see how it goes. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Now I see, understandable. :nod: Good luck with the search/purchase. :thumb:

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
In your search, bear in mind that there's a major step up between '00 and '01. That would be ABS. Best to limit your search to '01 or newer, budget permitting.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I'd say they probably have $56k or so in the car. May be less, but probably not more. I'm sure they'll want to make at least $3k on the car, so if you could get it for $59-60k, I'd say go for it.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I GOT MY VIPER!

I just picked up an 01 ACR (red)! . It's got 6kmi on the clock, Got it for $55k. My wife is making arrangements for payment in full. Then when I get back from OIF (within a few days.) I'll fly down with my dream gril...pickup my dream car...and live happily in my dream world at my dream job. Ok...not the job part. hahaha.

I'll upload pics sometime in the next few weeks. It's nothing modified it's 100% stock. I will not be able to mod for a few years. I told my wife (just because I'm a good hubby) That I will not mod untill I get her the SL500 she wanted. So...it's going to be awhile.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll get you pics after I pick it up.

Happy Happy, Joy Joy

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
Congrats on the new baby!

You said Iraq. Are you in the service? If so, where and in what capacity? Just curious as are probably everyone else here.

Post pics of the car, and remember to keep the wheels pointed straight before mashing the pedal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.