Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

For those of you with RT/10's, what are you using to bass up your car? I have seen photos of a car that replaced the rear cetner speakers with one larger sub, but I think that places the sub too close to your ears and punch deep bass needs to have a little further distance to sound good than that.

I was thinking of sticking a Bazooka Tube (maybe a 6.5 or 8") so that it is strapped to the front of the passenger seat, this way the passengers legs would just go over the sub, and it's round so if their calves touch the sub, no big deal (other than it might vibrate a bit... too bad for them.) Anybody do this?

What other things have you done that work really well?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
build a sub box and put it in the footwell. You can get creative and make it conform nice and ergonomical. Yes, there will be plenty of room still for a passengers feet.. Be sure to purchase a sub that requires minimum airspace to operate at peak efficiency. A car audio shop will be able to assist... If you want bass, this is the best way...

hope that helped..

Gerald

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
You can put two small subs (JL Audio) in the center to replace the factory ones. You will need to remove the box under the plastic cover that you see from the outside of the car and fiberglass the backside of it to enclose it so that the bass sound correct. This is not too loud or too bassey but just right.
Chad

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a roll bar in the car which eats up that center console area, so I need to look elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Schillinger said:
You could mount the Bazooka Tube next to the curb feelers.
I don't get it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts