Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help from those who have had an rt and went to a gts. Any regrets, any problems with heat, have you missed the convertible? What positives and negatives have you had with the rt to gts trade?

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Mak, what's the problem? You have good weather don't you? Gotta go topless brother...and get a GTS for those rainy days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I really miss my RT on days like today, but IMO nothing like the GTS. No probs with heat. I've got a friend in our club that has offered to switch cars for a week, but you know first the cars, then the wives!! ;) /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chuck,

No problems....I just love both cars so much. They'rea ddictive. I was just worried about the heat issue on the interior. My rt gets warm and th etop is off so I could imagine cooking in a gts. I rarely use my ac in the rt, but in the gt, I could imagine using it often.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Ldy uses the A/C in the GTS

I just roll the wimdows done

She states that the passenger side gets warm, I don't know about that because I drive.

Good on my side /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
even after running the car at moderate rpms? I just don't want to get in a situation where I have an oven and start wishing I had my rt back. I've read past threads on the heat, however. I have yet to travel in it, but if I do, a trip would worry me b/c I'd hate to get baked.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Norman, have you driven one? I will let you drive mine this weekend if you want. I have been watching you try to make up your mind now for a while....JUST BUY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chip,

I know it's aggravating as shit...I had a down payment on an M3, considered an NSX for about 2 minutes and have just gone back and back and back to a gts....blue/white or completely black. Color is a minor detail when it comes to vipers, they're all so damn handsome. Has the heat been an issue at all for you? I figured you'd come on saturday to drag that evening. I was going to go to the olemiss fla game in gainsville but if you want to drag, I'll stay I suppose. Sunday is the first official day of ctc. I'll be expecting you.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I won't make it Satuday...I ate my race tires up this past weekend /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I will be there on Sunday.

Just to throw another one in the mix, I have a deposit on a 2005 Lotus Elise that arrives in April...it is yellow /images/graemlins/smile.gif I am going to keep the GTS, so I am not going to need it.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there was a good thread posted about that a while back..those pics are awesome...who will maintain it and what is the price range on one of those?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
You won't regret it.

I looove the R/T but the GTS is just that much better. As for heat in the cabin, I never notice a thing. I just run with the windows down. It will probably be cooler in there especially if you run with the top off your R/T a lot.

In the end if you decide to go for a GTS and don't like it there are always R/T's to go back to. You can't go wrong.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
The RT is hotter because when you drive with the top off the FL sun bakes you. My GTS doesn't have working AC and it is still cooler than a topless RT.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chuck, what about the rt with the hard top on, does it compare to the gts? same feeling?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Why is this even a question ??

Of course the GTS is going to be a heck of alot hotter on the inside than the R/T-10.

With the countless amount of long legged hotties my Blue/White GTS gets.......... The interior heat can be unbearable. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jkh23job, LOL. It's a question because many people are stating that it is not hot inside of a gts and others state yes...that's why it's a question. As far as the long legged hotties heat, well, let's say my rt is burning up!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cap,

thanks for the link, but the heat is what I'm concerned about. I've been told by people who owned rts and gts' that they "drive" identical so long as it's the same year, but other differences such as heat is what I'm concerned with.
Thanks for the page, it's definitely chocful of info.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Well I started off with a Gen I RT, kept it about 10 months and went to a GTS. I loved my RT and told everyone that I would never sell it. After sitting in the GTS and driving it I just couldn't resist. I had to have it. The GTS seems a little cooler than that RT was until I did the exhaust and highflow cats on the Rt, then the RT cooled down a bit. Maybe it's a Gen I-II difference. To me, as cool as teh RT is, there was just something about the GTS that I really liked. Maybe it was the rear end. I will say, and mark my words, I will buy another Gen I RT. I think I would almost rather have the Gen I RT over the Gen II if I already have a GTS. There is something about the rawness of the Rt that I really liked. The belanger sidepipes and highflow cats burbing and belching as I inch myself through LA traffic then the wind through my hair as I find myself on a canyon road. If you can, do both, like Chuck. I hear even he gets poon with two vipers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts