Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner
8,719 Posts
Can't say I knew him, but I'm sure kitty will find away to post my demise too, and some noob asshat will chime in and postwhore..

RIP fellow Alley compatriot.

·
Registered
23,325 Posts
He was definitely one of the good ones. Helped me when I got my car with a few things and then helped me a lot with the nitrous install. Sorry to hear this. Rip Gerald

Reactions: MoParEr

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
RIP

That link won't work for me.

Is that Smokin in the picture?
Yes.

Smokin is an original.

Never have I seen a guy wear two sizes to small long pants and a long sleeve shirt on a 90+ degree sunny day at the USGP. That was funny to see him slowly melting into the stands.

I will always remember when he tried to seduce some female here with parts for her car and she called him out on it. This place was out of control fun back then.

Anyone know how Gerald passed away?

·
Premium Member
17,187 Posts
He stopped posting before I joined but I have read plenty of his posts in Best of. He seemed like a really funny guy and gave the liberals on here absolute hell.

RIP Gerald.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
This sucks. RIP. Used to have fun bantering here in the alley.

Beginning to think there is something in the water. You guys are going too soon.

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Glen knew him well , he was supposed to come to Austin , but never made it .
RIP

·
Registered
19,623 Posts
This about sums Gerald up in a nutshell - zero filter...

Glen: "Hey Gerald, this is Scott and Chrissy"
Chrissy: "Hey Gerald, good to meet you"
Gerald sits down, orders a beer, looks at Scott, leans forward, says to Chrissy, "What is someone like you doing with something like that?" nodding at Scott...

And he was dead serious...

:doah:

Anyways, overall he meant well... Things went all downhill when we went to VOI at the Texas Motor Speedway - I'll leave it at that...

When in Minneapolis - he had a key to my garage - and it was not uncommon to come home and see him wrenching on his and my car both on lifts... I thought he was going to kill himself one time as he installed his own NoS kit, etc...

I hadn't kept up with him over the past 8 years or so - just an occasional call or email - he was running with the wrong crowd in my opinion - ever since TMS...

Oh, maybe Jamie will remember this one... The look on Gerald's face - and the swear words at the MN VOI president - when he found out that putting a sneaky pete on a g-string to be sold for club events wasn't approved...

:rofl:

·
Super Moderator
27,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
AKA Snake Bitten

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
This about sums Gerald up in a nutshell - zero filter...

Glen: "Hey Gerald, this is Scott and Chrissy"
Chrissy: "Hey Gerald, good to meet you"
Gerald sits down, orders a beer, looks at Scott, leans forward, says to Chrissy, "What is someone like you doing with something like that?" nodding at Scott...

And he was dead serious...

:doah:

Anyways, overall he meant well... Things went all downhill when we went to VOI at the Texas Motor Speedway - I'll leave it at that...

When in Minneapolis - he had a key to my garage - and it was not uncommon to come home and see him wrenching on his and my car both on lifts... I thought he was going to kill himself one time as he installed his own NoS kit, etc...

I hadn't kept up with him over the past 8 years or so - just an occasional call or email - he was running with the wrong crowd in my opinion - ever since TMS...

Oh, maybe Jamie will remember this one... The look on Gerald's face - and the swear words at the MN VOI president - when he found out that putting a sneaky pete on a g-string to be sold for club events wasn't approved...

:rofl:

Yes, that guy was something else, Zero filter is right. He was the first guy I met when there wasn't really a MN club to speak of. By the way, I saw on the Vipers for sale Facebook page that someone totalled your old RT a few weeks back.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts