Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So other than putting a kit on the car, what else needs to be upgraded?

Is it necessary to change fuel pumps?

Can the stock pump support a wet system enuogh when adding fuel off the shcrader vavle.

Is there a safe hp limit the stock pump can maintain? I think I have heard it is good for only 600ish flywheel hp.

But I know other people are spraying a heck of alot with the stock pump.

Anything else.
John

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
john, the first system i used was a 150 shot, i got up to 670rwhp off it. since then i have recnetly installed a new system which is basically double the capacity of the original so im expecting to see 300-400 however, thats on paper, the dyno and track will tell the real tale.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
well, i upgraded with a MSD fuel voltage booster and now im owndering if thats whats killing my engine power, its the only thing ive changed since my initial nitrous setup and it was running fine then.

im taking it out immediately

ANYONE WANNA BUY A MSD FUEL PUMP VOLTAGE BOOSTER????

·
Registered
698 Posts
J DAWG, I run a 150 shot with my set up. I dynoed 605/689, at that level I recommend a bigger fuel pump to be safe. I'm still trying to figure out some symptoms my car has, it starts up real rough during cold starts. I think it's fuel pump related because when I crank for second and than try to start, it starts fine. If you have a vec2, make sure you have a card that retards the timing for the nitrous. Last thing, don't forget to run colder plugs.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
best plugs ive found are NGK; R5671A-7 run excellent for nitrous but foul quickly, dont last long at all

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
ive used 3923 and 3924...i though larger the number the colder the plug??

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
PRVT JET said:
J DAWG, I run a 150 shot with my set up. I dynoed 605/689, at that level I recommend a bigger fuel pump to be safe. I'm still trying to figure out some symptoms my car has, it starts up real rough during cold starts. I think it's fuel pump related because when I crank for second and than try to start, it starts fine. If you have a vec2, make sure you have a card that retards the timing for the nitrous. Last thing, don't forget to run colder plugs.
I can honestly say, I think it is those late nights that you can't remember the next day having an adverse effect on your ability to start a fuel injected vehicle/I know you don't have a drinking problem, you drink, you get drunk, you pass out, no problem :rofl: :rofl:

With regard to the voltage booster, that is good for extended driving at high speeds heavy into the throttle, but not likely that is causing the issue with Mojo's system, doesn't do much during short bursts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.