Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the other thread about the Gen 2 Seats in a Gen 1 so I thought I would let you guys know what I found from Gen 3 to Gen 2. I was told that the Gen 3 SRT seats fit in the Gen 2 and just bolt right in. That is not the case. The rear mounts are a 1/2 inch off which can be modified pretty easy. The fronts however are totally off and the bracket is sloped on the Gen 3. We are going to get them in, but we also found that the Gen 3 seats are longer so the leg room is not good at all. I am 6'2 and my left knee is going to relocate a little from my past 5 years driving vipers. It may be a little to get use to. FYI most of the people selling the Gen 3 seats claim the bolt straight in, they want to make the sale, then never return your emails. Hope this helps if you thought about doing this.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Please keep us posted. I know I'm interested in how GenIII seats will fit in a GenII.

Ever think about the rails from an SRT-4. They might fit. Just an idea.

·
Registered
17,224 Posts
Using the Gen III seats in a GenII are a tight fit for someone who is 6'2". An adapter bracket is easily made for a bolt in to the existing Gen II fittings. There was an extensive thread with pictures on the VCA site by vipervnm97.

·
Registered
920 Posts
one of our members did this mod last summer, I sat in the seat and found changing gear a real pain, as my elbow kept catching the side of the seat, they sit quite high so you feel like your in the roof of the car and look to big in the cockpit for me

·
Registered
444 Posts
vipergts2000 said:
ACR a friend of mine will have a set here shortly once we get his Gen3's installed.

Cool and your kinda close too. Please let me know when he's ready to go. :smiles:

Tobes you have a PM :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.