Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just purchased a 97 gts this week and looking to turbo it. I've worked on many other cars out there even some top sportman drag cars, not worried about fabbing the kit or any of the fuel system. My biggest issue is the ecu I see the options are limited.

I looked into hptuners being as I have turboed some gm vehicles in the past. Its no sweat those ecu, they are amazing for stock stuff. That said for the jtec vipers seems like its pretty useless. I would probbaly have to rescale them but the resolution is so low in the tables that it seems rather sketchy way of doing it.

So I found a couple vendors for proefi and I was wondering if you guys had had any expiriance with their patch harness.

addicted performance unlimited
David aiwase

Also saw John Reed m130 setup but being only able to do wasted spark it worries me that I might run out of coil.

Goals
800 to 900 to the tire on gas... I know myself down the road this might balloon into a built motor and 1xxx hp e85

Anyways would really appreciate any input and thanks ahead of time.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,157 Posts
Dan Lesser (East) or Dan Cragin (West).

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
1xxx on E85 with demon coils. To quote a person from history, Patrick Henry..." Give me Motec, or give me death".

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Pectel + one of our CNP Coil Upgrade Packages. [CNP packages coming sometime this summer]
-Dan Lesser
Been waiting on your cnp for almost a year... Take your time but hurry up!

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Yeah yeah yeah... you are catching up on those Wiggins clamps too!
Yep. I either messaged you on that loser "voa" site or emailed you. You said you would have to go back to New York and didn't know when. I can throw in the Adels as partial trade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the reply guys.

Pectel seems a bit of my budget unfortunately motec m130 package being the upper crest... if I dont have to spend $5000 to $6000 for a ecu and a patch harness I rather not to be sincere.

I was going to go with a AEM infiniti 30-7100 but it looks like they may be discounted or something? I got a reply from a supplier that they contacted AEM and they had no ETA.

Making a patch harness isn't out of my capabilities so I'm not too worried about that with the exception of I cant find whats the female connector on the stock ecu. I know the jeeps and rams have the same connector so I figured worse case I could buy a junk ecu and desolder the connector.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Given your budget, you are more likely to get in over your head on a standalone than not. If you dont have 10K minimum to toss at it, stay with the stock ECU and find the right person to tune it. 1Bar on the OE JTEC is no problem at all provided you can properly tune JTEC........ to which there are like a half dozen people on the planet. LOL.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
No, Demon Coils are a type of OE coil replacement. I do NOT advise using them. They are stressful on the OE integrated IGN drivers, and they STILL do not solve the issue of unbalanced spark energy between banks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a update, I ended up buying a fuel tech ft550. I'm going to make my own patch harness and going to be running the IGN1A coils.

Unfortunately I work alot, family, you know the usual excuses.... so I havent gotten there yet car is apart and will be building the turbo kit probably some time in December then getting into the harness and tuning the car. I guess final excuse is I did have to wait 3 months for head studs to come back instock that was nuts lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts