Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone run for tire pressure with stock wheels and tires?? The manual states 35/35. I came from the corvette world(91 ZR1) and that car at 150mph was A LOT less nervous than the RT/10 at 150mph. I know that the Viper is one step closer to a race car than the vette was. Just wondering if I could adjust tire pressure/suspension to take away a bit of the edge at high speed.

martyb

·
Landscaping Professional
14,097 Posts
35/35 was the recommended pressure for the XGT-Z tires. One thing that tames the nervousness is to go with the '95 alignment specs. Lower air pressure takes the edge off, but makes the handling lazy. It really all depends on the specific tire brand/model you are running. They all have a particular "sweet spot" depending on how you drive them, and experimentation is the key.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

I should have mentioned that I have new Pilots on the car. I will try to lower the tire pressure a bit.

I appreciate the help.

marty

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
You say you have new Pilots in the rear - do you have XGT-Z in the front? I found that the old XGT-Z's on my Gen 1 really hunted ruts/lines in the freeway. Much better w/ Pilot Sports all the way around. Mix and match of these tires could get quite interesting (and some will say dangerous).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.