Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gen 1 prices seem to be all over the board depending on which site or publication that I look them up on. What do you think is a fair price if I were to put mine up for sale? I am only thinking of selling it to move up to a newer model next year. Also do you think that the price will continue to drop or has it leveled out. Just looking for your opinions. Thanks.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
clean examples with low miles (under 20K) will always get upper 30's. (in stock trim)

Higher miles or poor condition will force you adjust the value to mid 30's and below.

mods...take the purchase price and divide by 2.

:twocents:

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Toby said:

Wrong, mods are rarely worth anything, and in some case bring the value of the car down. Only worth something to either

a.) a buyer looking for those specific modifications
b.) if its a big package by a very well known and reputable tuner (ie. supercharger package, etc..etc..)

and even still you're mods are only gonna be worth pennies on the dollar, not 50% of the purchase price. That is just wishful thinking.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
RSVIPER said:
Gen 1 prices seem to be all over the board depending on which site or publication that I look them up on. What do you think is a fair price if I were to put mine up for sale? I am only thinking of selling it to move up to a newer model next year. Also do you think that the price will continue to drop or has it leveled out. Just looking for your opinions. Thanks.
IMHO, the prices will continue to drop, if you're going to dump it, the sooner the better. These cars will surely be collectibles one day, but not now. Summer time is rolling around and this would be an opportune time to sell it.

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
I sold my 95 for 35K several months ago , the new owner bought it because of the mods,(NOS, ect....) i started at 38K and went down to 35K , it had 40,000 miles.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
tito said:
Toby said:

Wrong, mods are rarely worth anything, and in some case bring the value of the car down. Only worth something to either

a.) a buyer looking for those specific modifications
b.) if its a big package by a very well known and reputable tuner (ie. supercharger package, etc..etc..)

and even still you're mods are only gonna be worth pennies on the dollar, not 50% of the purchase price. That is just wishful thinking.
Tito...I am referring to asking price not actual worth.

If you had a gen one with wheels, spoiler, fancy hard top and maybe some MGW goodies, etc etc... I would ASK half of what I paid and accept maybe 10% less.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
RSVIPER said:
Put a quick description of it on here and we can kick around some prices. You might even find a buyer on here. If you don't, autotrader.com sold mine in less than 2 weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts