Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Landscaping Professional
14,190 Posts
Ordinary fluid/filter maintenance is clearly spelled out in the owner's manual and the process is uncomplicated.

A nearly 30 year old car is probably going to need new suspension, shock and swaybar bushings all around, followed by a BY THE BOOK AND WITH THE TOOLS ballast/torque and wheel alignment procedure. This will require some real digging to find a qualified shop and technician to perform correctly.

· Registered
24,700 Posts
Do your homework on RSI they have a lot of bad history. Calvo is in Texas, that's who I'd use if I had to stay in texas

Reactions: Cole_83

· Landscaping Professional
14,190 Posts
You may be able to find a dealership that will tackle it for you, but most will say they don't work on Vipers. It's a dodge car that just happens to have double wishbone suspension on the rear. Most important are the magnetic inclinometers that stick to the rear steering knuckles to set caster angle. This angle is an extremely important one to get set right for predictable ride and steering. Next would be the puller adapters to change the bushings in the front upper wishbone pivot bars. For the balance, just follow the ballast/torque procedure and make sure the frame is level across the car at each end before final-torque on the suspension.

· Premium Member
20,329 Posts
Thank you all for the help! I do have the original owners manual, but thank you.
Not talking about the Owners manual. The Service Manual is invaluable.

· Registered
24,700 Posts
Been around vipers as long as most here, never heard of BSP.... I'd do a lot more homework there personally.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts