Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know this is a silly question but I did have trouble with this last night.

I just got my 2002 GTS from Woodhouse and I needed to fill the tank up with fuel. I headed down to Chevron, and started to fill the tank. I had a heck of a time getting the flow to continue, and the tank filled up after 15 gallons from what appeared to be a near empty tank. Time after time, the flow would cut off while filling and in the end I got a compromise of sorts by turning the gas nozzle sideways and tilting it down.

I've not had cars in the past that were finicky about filling up. Is this normal, does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
23,498 Posts
yup, same here. depends on the station.....sunoco by my house is a pain, but its worth it

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
Toby said:
Same here...But I never use that auto shut off thingy...always hold the pump.
Yes do always hold the pump. Flow spillage is a BAD thing with these cars, just take Bonkers for example over at the morgue. I had this problem with my 96' and if I helpd the nozzle upside down while holding the nozzle it would work fine.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Someone here once said to turn the gas pump nozzel upside down when filling...so that the curved filler pipe turns up, over the car rather than out and down. I've been doing that and it's actually worked most of the time (not always). Figured I'd pass it along.

·
Registered
757 Posts
On empty there is 5 gallons still in the tank. 1/2 tank indicated and fill up from there is only 8 gallons. Gas tank indication on these cars is wacked.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
CitySnake said:
Someone here once said to turn the gas pump nozzel upside down when filling...so that the curved filler pipe turns up, over the car rather than out and down. I've been doing that and it's actually worked most of the time (not always). Figured I'd pass it along.
Yup, City's got it right - turn the nozzle upside down and it won't keep shutting off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts