Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

my wife is going on a trip to europe. I am planning to surprise here (and give myself what i wanted) by covering the concrete on the garage floor with something nicer.
I saw a pic from Smokins garage which looked very nice. I want something along those lines, especially since we keep the washer and dryer in our garage (and it houses my wine collection).

What suggestions/recommendations do you folks have? I want something i can do myself, and ideally something that can be done over a weekend or two.

Thanks!

-Par

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
Good question because I was thinking about doing the same. But I kinda wanted it to look a little more profeesional, if that's even possible, by re-doing the whole driveway and the garage. I've been trying to do some research but haven't come up with much yet. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
I did a combination. I put down a 2-part epoxy industrial medium grey paint on the entire floor and then put graphite/metallic silver checkered Race Deck flooring on the side where my GTS will sit.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vipernathan said:
Try racedeck.com. They have some pretty nice flooring and it can be done by the do it yourselfer. Racedeck site Think they offer a discount to VCA members, if you are not a member, I bet they would give you the same discount anyway if you are going to buy their flooring. <hr /></blockquote>

this looks nice. any idea on pricing?

-Par

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
My garage floor is done in VCT commercial tile. I like it, but you have to keep a good coat of wax on it so that water from tires doesnt get in the glue and start to lift the tiles. The good thing is that the tiles are easy and cheap to replace. It costs about half as much as racedeck, but doenst have the tread. You trowel on the adhesive, wait a couple hours for it to "flash over" and then start sticking tiles. Costs about $.70 a foot with glue if you do it yourself. ITs about a weekend worth of work including patching your expansion joints. I had epoxy down but hated how it chipped all the time when you drop a tool. Here is a pic.

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/p7545132f3fe424610c0d2ed8ca8aa103/fcebd936.jpg[/image]

·
Banned
5,927 Posts
I have epoxy down (DIY style, made for a garage) and a few bottles of "shark bite" in the mix for grip (works well). I'm going to do an area of checkers where the car sits eventually.

MM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts