Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm trying to learn here, guys...what kind of mods would, for example, increase speed? Are there mods that serve both functionally and aesthetically?
What mods can you apply to a GTS vs. an RT-10? Are all viper mods pretty fluid as far as application toward all models, or are they seperate?
You all know quite a bit on this subject, so I figure you'll give me a lot of insight.
Thanks for any posts.
 

·
Ace Pounder
Joined
·
17,732 Posts
Well the aerodynamic body kits would probably be the mods that would come closest to enhancing looks and function. Wings and front splitters look pretty cool (to some) and can help with high speed stability and handling.

Then there's the sound factor which is pretty important to a lot of us. That's an aesthetic improvement. Modding the exhaust system like putting on a cat-back and/or removing the cats doesn't really add much noticeable power but it sure sounds good.

Most mods that work for a given year model will apply equally well to both RT/10 and GTS of that same year. Obviously no GTS prior to '96. For any given year (except '96), the RT's and GTS's are really the same car except for the bodywork differences around the top and tail.
 

·
Ace Pounder
Joined
·
17,732 Posts
McViPurr said:
what is a cat-back?
It's where you run a bunch of leaded gas through the car to burn out the catalytic BBs in the catalyst and then re-pack it with a couple of stray alley cats. They cook down in the first five minutes and emit quite a yowling and a stench but when they're completely dehydrated they form this awesome sound baffling material that's very free-flowing for the exhaust gasses. Old racer's trick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,210 Posts
SeriousEric said:
McViPurr said:
what is a cat-back?
It's where you run a bunch of leaded gas through the car to burn out the catalytic BBs in the catalyst and then re-pack it with a couple of stray alley cats. They burn down in the first five minutes and emit quite a yowling and a stench but when they're completely dehydrated they form this awesome sound baffling material that's very free-flowing for the exhaust gasses. Old racer's trick.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA


Pussy powered!!!!!!

:lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,619 Posts
McViPurr said:
Are there mods that serve both functionally and aesthetically?
Here's a simple one: The MGW short shifter. Nice Sneaky Pete logo on top and the shorter length really makes shifting feel crisper and it's easier to find the shift gates.

(Or were you talking about mods of this site? I think Eric is both funtional and an aesthete.)
 

·
Ace Pounder
Joined
·
17,732 Posts
CAP said:
McViPurr said:
Are there mods that serve both functionally and aesthetically?
Here's a simple one: The MGW short shifter. Nice Sneaky Pete logo on top and the shorter length really makes shifting feel crisper and it's easier to find the shift gates.

(Or were you talking about mods of this site? I think Eric is both funtional and an aesthete.)
I am barely functional. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
 

·
Ace Pounder
Joined
·
17,732 Posts
CitySnake said:
McViPurr said:
what is a cat-back?
The portion of the exhaust system anterior to the catalytic converter, i.e., from the cat back.
City is of course correct. I was just pulling your leg since I know you like felines.

The cat-back exhaust is a freer-flowing aftermarket exhaust that replaces the stock exhaust system from behind the catalytic converters all the way back to the tailpipe. Usually consists of larger diameter pipe and performance mufflers or sometimes no mufflers. Might yield 10-15 Horsepower but the real benefit is an improved sound. The stock exhaust is kind of wimpy sounding.

There. A serious answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,011 Posts
McViPurr said:
So, I'm trying to learn here, guys...what kind of mods would, for example, increase speed? Are there mods that serve both functionally and aesthetically?
What mods can you apply to a GTS vs. an RT-10? Are all viper mods pretty fluid as far as application toward all models, or are they seperate?
You all know quite a bit on this subject, so I figure you'll give me a lot of insight.
Thanks for any posts.
The Roe Supercharger will really increase speed and be extremely aesthetical at a cruise-in with the hood opened.
 

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
Joined
·
8,621 Posts
McViPurr said:
So, if one were to apply this mod themself, vs. hiring a pro, how much would it cost, roughly?

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooow!?
Which Mod? The cat back? They range in price. MAybe from $700 or $800 to $1,500 for the hardware.
 
G

·
cat backs are where the cats go up your ass.They make afunny sound like ripping a farth. If you want soemthign that will make the car fast, taek two cans and put them sticking out the window.The electric static will make the car get an additional 20 ponies.Trust me one I tell you this :devil: :yotony:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BADVENOM said:
cat backs are where the cats go up your ass.

As in the point in which the felines anter one's anus, or did you mean "Cat backs refers to the event of cats voluntarily inserting themselves into one's ass."?
They make afunny sound like ripping a farth.

There are two words there -- good use of the space bar. I think your "farth" should read "fart".

If you want soemthign1 that will make the car fast, taek2 two cans and put them sticking out the window.3 The electric static4 will make the car get an additional 20 ponies.5 Trust me one6 I tell you this
1. Something
2. Take
3. Put them sticking out the window?
4. Electric Static - a bit redundant there, Einstein.
5. Make the car get an additional 20 ponies - How about Will increase the car's speed by approximately 20 hp.?
6. I won't trust you WHEN you tell me anything.

BadV - I think you're a 16 year old guy, sitting around at his compy, skipping school and beating off to a google search of "maxim covers hot chicks".
Good job - you made an ass out of yourself. Now get the fizzuck off my thread and harass someone else. If you have anything intelligent to add to this post, by all means, do so - but so far you've proved nothing other than you're an infantile, high schooler with a sore lower region. :screwy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CitySnake said:
McViPurr said:
So, if one were to apply this mod themself, vs. hiring a pro, how much would it cost, roughly?

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooow!?
Which Mod? The cat back? They range in price. MAybe from $700 or $800 to $1,500 for the hardware.
Yeah - I meant the cat back. Not a bad price range there. Thanks, City.
Anyone know of any good websites to view re: cat back purchase/installation?
 

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
Joined
·
8,621 Posts
McViPurr said:
CitySnake said:
McViPurr said:
So, if one were to apply this mod themself, vs. hiring a pro, how much would it cost, roughly?

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooow!?
Which Mod? The cat back? They range in price. MAybe from $700 or $800 to $1,500 for the hardware.
Yeah - I meant the cat back. Not a bad price range there. Thanks, City.
Anyone know of any good websites to view re: cat back purchase/installation?
Here ya go MV
http://www.roeracing.com/index.html?toke...0%26%20Upgrades
Click "Dodge Viper" and then "Horsepower Upgrades".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Roe Racing Site said:
Twin 4” Elliptical tips provide a venomous appearance that will set your snake apart from the rest. What is that, you want more. How about a system that can be upgraded over time?
Sweet. :thumb:
Thanks, City.

5 shades for you.
 
G

·
Hey Mclickher . I WISH I WAS 16. I am 37 and have been unstable for along time since they took me out from the stray jacket. Now talking about disfunctional people, ever look in the mirror and ask the mirror who the uglies btch is???Damn that pink pubbies gotta go hun. If you are ever in Ny, look me up.I'll straighten your shit up and put you back on the right path of loving men. :yotony: :yotony: :yotony:
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top