Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would it be better (and safer) to utilize a fuel cell for running nitrous? seems easier too as i really dont wanna have to go through all the work, time , and money to upgrade my fuelpump.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope. im thinking much EASIER and bulletproof to do a fuel cell. plus, with the stroker (and possible hogan racing intake) im doing (Heffner's doing) i know i will either need a bigger pump or a fuel cell. also, dont forget im going nitrous too (200-330 shot) on top of the all motor madness.

i believe we can get to at least 620rwhp prior to the nitrous. also, ive been talking to jack Bene and im now considering bigger injectors, seems like these buckets piss out after or around 525rwhp so bigger injectors will be the ticket.

VEC2 doing good, new program finally tuned right and im over 550RWHP now but the most amazing is the low-mid gains. if i dont run 10's in topeka im going to take up basket weaving as my hobby instead /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

heres a little quote i am stealing from the all motor record holder

WHO'S YOUR DADDY....ALL THROTTLE NO BOTTLE....IN NITROUS YOU TRUSTED BUT YOUR AZZ GOT BUSTED....IF YOU CAN BUILD A MOTOR YOU DON'T NEED A CRUTCH

·
Registered
100 Posts
BigCarrot said:
That's what I did. Pretty easy. It sucks to have to worry about keeping four fuel tanks full though!
do you know when it runs out of fuel? i mean, what if another car was trying to race you, and you were out of gas? what kind of excuse would you come up with?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Rich, it depends on how much NOS you want to run. If you are going to run a shot over 250 rw hp, then your NOS will need a fuel system. If you are going to run under that then you should be able to run an upgraded in tank Walbro pump. It takes a few hours to do a pump change and a few days to do a fuel cell. With the cost of a fuel cell, dedicated pump, return lines, fittings, etc. you are going to spend $2k+ real quick.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
J.Rowley said:
BigCarrot said:
That's what I did. Pretty easy. It sucks to have to worry about keeping four fuel tanks full though!
do you know when it runs out of fuel? i mean, what if another car was trying to race you, and you were out of gas? what kind of excuse would you come up with?
If I was going to race your Tahoe, I'd get out of the car and PUSH the motherfucker to victory! YOU shut the fuck up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts