Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
didnt go off after I started my 98 GTS today. i had it out yesterday and it was fine. this AM i start it up and the lite stays on?? then on the next restart it goes back to normal.

what the hell is up wit dat???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
well....it sounds to me like the clockspring in the steerieng whell is getting an intermitant short...when the lite comes on it senses no contact in the spring usually...from my experiences so far..but your dealer can plug in it and se whats going on for sure....Len
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,727 Posts
Len,

Let's say I removed my clockspring, and installed a MOMO wheel, how can I get the light to go off without removing the dash??? Is there a wire that went to the clockspring that is looking for a ground???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,471 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
Len,

Let's say I removed my clockspring, and installed a MOMO wheel, how can I get the light to go off without removing the dash??? Is there a wire that went to the clockspring that is looking for a ground???
take the airbag lightbulb out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,773 Posts
Put black electrical tape over said light bulb lens /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,727 Posts
Gerald said:
Put black electrical tape over said light bulb lens /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

How did I know someone was gonna suggest this??? Well that "temporary fix" is already in...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it is still off and seems back to normal now. but im keeping an eye on it.

driving it to work tomorrow so we'll see what happens in the AM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
well...if ya take it to the dealership..they can plug in with the DRB and set customer preferences i'll bet and then it will stay off....i can look at that tomorow at work and let ya know....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,727 Posts
txlen said:
well...if ya take it to the dealership..they can plug in with the DRB and set customer preferences i'll bet and then it will stay off....i can look at that tomorow at work and let ya know....
The light has gotta be just looking to close a loop...Just need to know if it wants a ground, or if the two wires I unplugged, wanna see each other, a resistance...or what!

Thanks!!! :thumb:


PS: My RT hasn't seen a dealership since I drove it off the showroom floor, 21,500 miles ago...I own a wrench, or two...or three.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,050 Posts
just take the damn light out, geesh
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top