Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my 02 GTS a month ago. The right front tire needs replacing, the left has about 60% tread left. I don't want to replace with a new one, as I want the two too match. I also don't want to buy two new ones right now as this would be a waste of a perfectly good tire. Does anyone know of one for sale. The rims are 18's and I live in miami.

·
Registered
125 Posts
uh, I would say SOMETHIGN isnt right with your car if one is worn out over the other to that level of significance.

FIX the problem, then replace both tires with new ones..

I mean come on... its a viper... no reason to risk it by playing swapsies with used tires..

just my 2 cents..

Plus its a good excuse to get LARGER front tires, like 315/30/18 's !!

and if anyone says those do not fit, they can come lick mine, as I have had those set on my car for at least 6k miles.. lock to lock.. no rubbing. (rant over)

Jon

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tires were like this when i bought the car. I already had it checked. everything is fine. My guess is that the previous owner had to change Only one, maybe due to a blowout or something. I just want to get them even again.

Jon, how does the car look with the larger tires up front? Can you post pics?

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.