Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"Unremarkable"
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used the suction cup front plate bracket? If so, does it work well? I am thinking of trying one. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Call Parts Rack and get the new design that fits into the grill and locks.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Confrontational had the suction cup bracket from Woodhouse on his RT forever...but it did fall off eventually...I'd look for something else...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Lee Dove (VCA site) makes a bracket that uses existing bolts on the front to install. If you want a suction cup one I have one from Woodhouse never used that I will make you a great deal on.

Andy

·
Registered
19,616 Posts
Yeah, grab one from PaulB...

I did like the Woodhouse one - tucked way in there - but, it actually fell off a couple times... The last time it did I didn't know about it - the police station called me - I picked it up and it was destroyed from cars running it over... So, I too need a couple - I will use the ones PaulB sells and see if those work better...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm in the process of working on a retractable one that comes from under the front fascia. I will not be making it for people, but if anyone wants to know how it's done, I have no problem showing. I have the mechanical part finished, just need to get the right little motor to drive it. I will post again if it works out well.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Marc Lublin said:
I'm in the process of working on a retractable one that comes from under the front fascia. I will not be making it for people, but if anyone wants to know how it's done, I have no problem showing. I have the mechanical part finished, just need to get the right little motor to drive it. I will post again if it works out well.

Cool idea Marc! Yes, please post further info when you can. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
front plate looks lousy no matter what. good luck and i hope you prove me wrong

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't think I can prove you wrong on the front plate looking like crap, when it's up I'm sure it will. For me this will remain under the car most of the time and I will only hit the button and tolls, check points ... It already works, just have to install a small DC motor to drive it and limit switches to shut it down when it's in the fully open and fully closed position. Maybe after I finish it someone who is actually good at fabrication could improve on it and sell it to the public.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts