Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes another Fascia thread but mines the opposite problem. There is no gap between the Front fascia and hood when it meets between the wheel well and Headlight on both sides. It's even chipped the paint on the hood. Everything else lines up perfectly. I've only had it for 3 months and it came like this. I've removed the Fascia completely to replace the coolant tank but still wont line up properly.
Don't mind the Gen V badges those are already on order to get replaced.

See pics.
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood

The front headlights and hood look pretty good.

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Now this car has definitely had a front fascia re-painted but it does seem like the original one from factory. Take a look at the lower frame rails. There missing the end pieces? Only step I havent tried is removing those shims. They too look painted.

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Not my car but pic for reference what is missing.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle

The hood adjustments are raised as high and they can go. Closing the hood takes some Ooomph. Assuming that's caused by the fascia hitting the hood to latch it closed.

Only step I haven't taken is removing a shim or two from the frame rails. What is the best way to get at those shims do you have to remove the A/C condenser? I have the 2001 Shop manual it doesn't really give much guidance. Or is there something else you'd adjust instead?

· Landscaping Professional
14,178 Posts
Frame rail shims are the first thing I'd suggest removing. You'll also need to loosen the bolts on the sheet metal brackets in front of the sway bar pivots where they attach to the core support, along with the two bolts just outboard of the headlight pods, then gently lean on the fascia corners. You will see what helps/hurts the situation, then go from there.

• Helpful
Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T and RobV

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frame rail shims are the first thing I'd suggest removing. You'll also need to loosen the bolts on the sheet metal brackets in front of the sway bar pivots where they attach to the core support, along with the two bolts just outboard of the headlight pods, then gently lean on the fascia corners. You will see what helps/hurts the situation, then go from there.
Thanks Dean! I'll try that first I've literally tweaked and played around with all the other adjustment points. Saved the worst for last. The car was in an accident in 2020 but carFAX just said "slid off the road". I cant see any other damage done except some minor scraping under the side sills. Looks like someone spun out and went into a ditch. Weird those frame rail ends are missing though.

· Registered
3 Posts
Speaking of these shims, do you know of a person or shop selling these frame rail shims and headlight shims?

14,178 Posts
Not offhand. Have you tried the Dodge dealer? These are the shims that my car uses:
Textile Rectangle Sleeve Font Automotive exterior

Attachments

• Helpful
Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T

· Registered
3 Posts
I have not tried our dealer. Would you happen to know any of those relevant part numbers? I am fearing the call to the 22 year old parts counter gal if I can't be as specific as possible while she ignores me on the phone while texting people on hers.

· Registered
982 Posts
Probably better off calling a viper salvage yard like X2. I had luck with them when I needed an exhaust V-band clamp that is impossible to get new now... If no luck their then maybe call Jon B at Viper Parts Rack.

14,178 Posts
Tin snips and a drill bit assortment!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts