Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a shop remove my bumper to add custom headlights. They have tried to refit the front bumper and it’s showing a gap. I’m at the point of taking it to
Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel

a bodyshop. Any ideas what could be causing this? They said everything lines up.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
yeah they screwed it up...

looks to me like somehow the center of the hood is too high or they rotated the front pump up.

Did they drag it across a curb, have a look underneath for spray paint and scratches.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Upgrades strike again.

Just becasuse it lines up doesn't mean proper installation. Your headlight housing could be too low, they removed the wrong brackets, they bend the brackets, etc.

I would remove the headlight assemblies, reposition the bumper, reinstall headlight assemblies. Would should be possible since they are mounted on the hood. I don't have a gen 5 but that is approach I would take.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Upgrades strike again.

Just becasuse it lines up doesn't mean proper installation. Your headlight housing could be too low, they removed the wrong brackets, they bend the brackets, etc.

I would remove the headlight assemblies, reposition the bumper, reinstall headlight assemblies. Would should be possible since they are mounted on the hood. I don't have a gen 5 but that is approach I would take.
thats what I will do thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts