Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with this? It appears to be some sort of sealant and not the weld that is coming apart. My goal is to clean it up and reseal or apply rust prevention to it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,142 Posts
No, but clean it up, repair it and protect it!!

·
Premium Member
19,142 Posts
That's about what I think too

Reactions: JGK95

·
Landscaping Professional
14,065 Posts
I SERIOUSLY doubt that there is one square inch of sheet steel anywhere on a Viper thicker than 0.125", and that's probably going to be frame rail walls. My guess is it's 14 or 16 gauge (.075, .06") thick at most. So, there isn't much there to start with and it is crucial to stop that rust and protect the rest.

·
Registered
12,230 Posts
I SERIOUSLY doubt that there is one square inch of sheet steel anywhere on a Viper thicker than 0.125", and that's probably going to be frame rail walls. My guess is it's 14 or 16 gauge (.075, .06") thick at most. So, there isn't much there to start with and it is crucial to stop that rust and protect the rest.
Dean, I had the tape measure out as I thought it was thicker than that as I initially thought it was a 1/4” thick. I based it on the street rod my father and I built
I was surprised to learn that my Gen IV’s frame was only 3/16” or 0.1875” thick.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'm not sure why everyone is noting such different dimensions on this topic. You'd better check your measuring gear more closely. I recommend this for FACTUAL dimensions. Ha!

I

1 - 8 of 8 Posts