Viper Alley banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got tired of the overlap from the 6.5 inch speakers I had installed in the car. I started looking and found that JL offers a 6" speaker now. I grabbed two and installed them today and they work perfect. Nice and flush now.

Figured I'd post this up as I see people asking periodically about speakers that fit our cars.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-1LaTmca9LUF/p_13699615/JL-Audio-C2-600.html

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you should be able to put them in the door panel. I placed mine in the back (hatch area) though under the panel that covers my amp. Took some extra wire but I didn't want to risk having them come lose and vibrating in my door panel. I've seen a couple people mount theirs in the door panels though so should be fine.

Since these speakers are an exact fit of the recess for the factory speakers I had to drill 4 small holes for the mounting screws. Door panel is metal there so took a little bit of time but came out factory looking.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Very clean install. That rear sub looks a little small. Does it give you enough punch in the lower frequencies?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More than enough for this car. I'm more of a country and rock listener though so if you are more of a rap/big bass type person a larger one may be desired. It's an 8" inch sub. I was limited to that size to meet my goals of having a flush panel in the back. Going bigger was going to require me to either raise the panel or get real creative with the box to get the needed cubic air space.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts