Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do with the speed control and the other two connections that connect to the stock airbox when switching to a twin K&N intake? I have a used TNT intake and it didnt come with instructions so I'm unsure what I am supposed to do with the electrical connection and the other two hose connections.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

--wes

·
Premium Member
19,646 Posts
wesman said:
What do you do with the speed control and the other two connections that connect to the stock airbox when switching to a twin K&N intake? I have a used TNT intake and it didnt come with instructions so I'm unsure what I am supposed to do with the electrical connection and the other two hose connections.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

--wes

So do you have the two tubes? Or is it an enclosed box? Picture?

·
Registered
115 Posts
The electrical connector is for the air inlet temperature. The sensor is probably still in the origal air box. Remove the sensor from the old air box and connect it to the electrical connector. You may be able to drill a hole in the back of the air filter (in the black rubber) and insert the sensor in the hole.

The hose on the passenger side is for the idle air controller. This device bypasses air around the throttle bodies so that the computer can control the engine idle speed. This hose is typically connected to the back of the stock air box so that the air is filtered by the stock air filters. The hose can be removed from the idle air control motor and a small K&N type breather/filter can be attached directly to the idle air control motor.

The hose on the drivers side is for engine crankcase ventilation. This hose is also typically connected to the stock air box so that the engine can burn the vapors vented from the engine crankcase. I am not familiar with how others handle this vent when using an air intake system such as yours, but I suspect that you could find another K&N type breather/filter to fit this connection.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John,

Thanks for the info.....I'll get some of the mini breather filters and hook those up and see how she likes it.....

Thanks again for the insightful information

·
Premium Member
19,646 Posts
John pretty much got it. If you turned the key on without the air temp sensor hooked up, I'll bet you threw a code. Get a reader and clear it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.