Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just received this email from Dennig:

DENNIG CARS WORLDWIDE are proud to announce that we are now able to assist any clients who wish to place an order for the long awaited Ford GT.
With looks to rival any top exotic and performance that demands respect from all other marques, the Ford GT will likely become the definitive turn of the century car. It's history rich with victories, accomplishment, and prestige, the Ford GT is without question, a supercar for our time.

It offers the best of all worlds. The Ford GT reflects its heritage with honour but with a flavour that affords all the benefits of today’s advanced technologies. It is a statement of nostalgia and an opportunity to thrill. Few cars have had the distinct capability to inspire without ever moving, and so, the Ford GT enters the likes of such influential cars as the Lamborghini Countach, the Ferrari Daytona, the Chevrolet Corvette and many others as being an instant legend, a landmark that will be used to measure the success of all others.

Production numbers have already been announced as limited...very limited. Deliveries will be as early as Winter 2003 for the 2004 production run. The value of this car may surpass all predictions as buyers clamour to secure their positions. This exclusive opportunity will allow you to be among the select few to own one of the very first Ford GTs out of the factory. The next chance to buy one of these cars may be literally years after they are launched. Waiting lists at authorized dealers are already up to 2-3 years long.

There are available a total of 8 out of the first 20 vehicles scheduled to be in the US from the end of 2003, beginning of 2004.

MSRP on the car is anticipated to be around US$160'000.00 and you can be the first to take delivery of this ultra rare AMERICAN supercar for US$80'000.00 over MSRP.

Call or email for more information.

Regards,

DENNIG CARS WORLDWIDE INC.

Tel: 714-444-1703
Fax: 714-444-4374
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.dennigcars.org & www.dennigcars.com

Office Hours: Pacific Coast Time
Monday - Friday : 9.00am - 5.30pm
Saturday : Office closed. Viewings by arrangement only.
Sunday : Closed

WTF??? are they serious? who in the world would pay $240k for a Ford GT? do i have that right? they are saying the MSRP is going to be $160k and u can order it for $80k over that???!!! /images/graemlins/gr_driving3.gif

·
Sexist
44,232 Posts
I'm not sure, but I think some dealers did the same thing with the Viper in 92.

In this economy they'll be lucky to get MSRP.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
:rofl:

I'd rather build a kit with a 427 in gulf colors and a viper for the price of that. The new one is good looking but not as nice as the older ones.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ooooohhhhhhhhhh! so how much were people paying over msrp for a viper back in 1992? if i recall, people were also over-paying for the ZR-1...?

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
Damn lawyers. No, I meant "dealers did a 'similar' thing." <hr /></blockquote>

HAHA! We get you every time!

For that price, buy an SRT-10 for the markup(?!) and tell them which orifice to stick the GT! And I'm someone who wants one (if I had the $)!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I saw the first 92 RT for sale and the sticker was asking 159,999, I am guessing that is more than 80k over MSRP. If I remember correctly the 93-95 cars had much lower MSRPs than the cars in 2001-2002. I think my friend bought his 94 brand new for something like 55k.

Side note.....I saw a BMW Z8 for asking price of $500,000 now that is almost 400K over MSRP and it did sell at 500k. So there will be some idiots paying Ferrari money for a Ford.

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
When the Prowler came out I went to a dealer to look at the one in the showroom. It was all roped off and people were lining up to see it.

I wanted to know more about it and when I asked a ? a man came up to me and said to hold on. He had just come to pick it up, he was the new owner. He offered to tell me all about it during a ride. Nice of him to take a stranger for a ride.

So off we went and I was asking all kinds of ?s about it. When it came for the big one, price, he showed me something I will never forget. The damn paperwork said he paid $150,000 for it. Not only was this guy rich he was a total idiot! Nicest guy but an idiot none the less.

As far as the GT40, I will believe it when I see it on the road. I was a tech for Ford some years ago and I have seen Ford doing a lot of talking and not much backing it up. I just don't think it will ever see the light of day. I could be wrong.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
That's insane. Cool car, but you have too many other good options at that price. You know what to tell them what they can do with that 80K..

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
That's crazy! What's even more crazy though is that I bet some buy it. Just because.

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
King GTS said:
That's crazy! What's even more crazy though is that I bet some buy it. Just because. <hr /></blockquote>

Exactly Trey. All they want is the name and to say hey look what I got!! /images/graemlins/gr_driving3.gif

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
vipernathan said:
92 Vipers went as high as $200,000 over sticker. Kevin Costner paid $150,000 over sticker for his in 92. <hr /></blockquote>

Are you sure? Costner lived on my street before he got divorced and I never saw him driving a Viper.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
FUSCUCLA1 said:
vipernathan said:
92 Vipers went as high as $200,000 over sticker. Kevin Costner paid $150,000 over sticker for his in 92. <hr /></blockquote>

Are you sure? Costner lived on my street before he got divorced and I never saw him driving a Viper. <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe that's why he got divored - it wasn't for home use. :rofl:

·
Enlightened
28,417 Posts
92 Vipers went as high as $200,000 over sticker. Kevin Costner paid $150,000 over sticker for his in 92.<hr /></blockquote>

Did that come with the dolphin already painted on the hood? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
MSRP is $129,000 from what I was told by the person who was showing the vehicles that worked for ford.

I think demming is full of it, I dobt they have a car comming I think they are looking for buyers then finding a seller.

The talk at the barrett jackson auction is the first year production car should sell for $500,000 at the auction.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts