Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

For Your Listening Pleasure...

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Hog Whisperer 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Sounds much better "from a distance". Where was the "start up"? At first it sounds like a small tin garage! But, exhaust sound is very subjective...and I'm mostly partial to stealth...I think it's an advanced age thing /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

#5 ·
CitySnake said:
Where was the "start up"? At first it sounds like a small tin garage!
Kind of fuuny! That wav of Glen firing the beast was in his garage after we had run STRAIGHT PIPES from the headers back...NO RESTRICTIONS whatsoever...We added some DynoMax mufflers since then...Hey, he wanted LOUD...and guess what..IT'S LOUD!...

The "tin" garage is a four car...attached to Glen's $1.2M home...Here's a pic of the his house...They graphite RT is his, the black one, well...you know! :rofl: :rofl:

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p281200e1f55db9be18f3595e9d25c0e4/fc900dd6.jpg[/image]

#6 ·
Snake Bitten said:
CitySnake said:
Where was the "start up"? At first it sounds like a small tin garage!
Kind of fuuny! That wav of Glen firing the beast was in his garage after we had run STRAIGHT PIPES from the headers back...NO RESTRICTIONS whatsoever...We added some DynoMax mufflers since then...Hey, he wanted LOUD...and guess what..IT'S LOUD!...

The "tin" garage is a four car...attached to Glen's $1.2M home...Here's a pic of the his house...They graphite RT is his, the black one, well...you know! :rofl: :rofl:

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p281200e1f55db9be18f3595e9d25c0e4/fc900dd6.jpg[/image]
Nice grass. Mine's greener. [image]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/cool4.gif[/image] But beautiful nonetheless.

#9 ·
I pop over here for a quick look and see gerald smackin'... :rant: Wow - it has been a while since I was on this site - esepcially since I couldn't remember my login/password and had to sign back up...

Anyways, yesterday when I started my car, Cole pointed to a puddle in the driveway - you could see the puddle vibrating due to my car idling... Actually, it isn't as insane as it used to be, good god, with just straight pipe on that behatch - my clothes would vibrate... But, a little testing never hurt anyone... We'll see how it goes with the top off when it gets warmer... I might have to add another piece to quiet it down a little... But I think I am able to control the sound - and not get on it like when i had the Corsa - the only way I could get my Corsa to sing was if I punched it...

Ever since I got the viper last year - my neighbors no longer wave, etc... So screw them - hence why I had to make it known when I enetered and left the neighborhood... /images/graemlins/gr_driving3.gif (not that Gerald and the other guys would cause any illwill with my neighbors as they do burn-outs on my driveway...!)

You can somewhat control the sound though - when kids in rice are around - you can make sure that they can't hear their own cars. Or, like yesterday when an Eagan cop decided to follow me for 3 miles, you can stay off the gas, and shift into a higher gear - instant stealth...

In my opinion, I wanted my car to sound meaner than the pea-pipes that came with it stock... IMO - you can't have a car that looks that mean - to sound like a station wagon... Plus - all the resonators, etc... probably took 50 pounds off the car...

(gerald - that was the purchase price 4 years ago mister /images/graemlins/bootyshake.gif)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.